• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

I've been putting with the same yellow neutron Ion for the last 5 years. MVP discs seem almost indestructible to me. Is it normal to be using the same putter for that long?

I have about 6 years of driving, approaching and putting on my Soft opaque Proton Ion and it is still stable. It looks about the same as it did when it was 2 years old. At this point I have thrown this disc more than any other disc I have owned, actually I have probably thrown it 5-10 times more than any other disc.

MVP needs to make another run of Soft Opaque Proton Ions.:popcorn:

Good point. I've been throwing mine as well as putting with it. Yep, mine has been thrown way more than anything else I own, not even close. I guess I'm a MVP fanboi without even knowing it. I've also been throwing the same Inertia for the last 2 years and it flies exactly the same as when it was new. Even if you don't like the brand you have to admit these guys put some top notch engineering and durability into their products.

10thAnnIon_1K-500x500.jpg

I tried talking to one of my local dealers.... sounds like everyone snapped these up as fast as they could..MVP sold out in a hurry, he said I might get lucky when stuff shows up... I probably should have been looking yesterday on release.. but I hate just buying one disc when it's getting mailed..

I tried talking to one of my local dealers.... sounds like everyone snapped these up as fast as they could..MVP sold out in a hurry, he said I might get lucky when stuff shows up... I probably should have been looking yesterday on release.. but I hate just buying one disc when it's getting mailed..

I tried to pick one of these up and I watched as several stores sold out instantly as soon as they were stocked. I was never able to make it past the cart. Really frustrating because I feel like this was just people buying multiples to resell.

Yeah I kind of wish they'd set a limit or something with that stuff... Disc Scalpers.. Is that a thing now?

To be honest though I was eyeballing for a wall hanger..

Has anyone thrown the new 10 Yr Ions or SE Ions? How do they compare off the tee to other plastics?

It flies like a fresh Neutron Ion. The plastic feels like the very first run of Proton that was firm and glassy with steaks of plastic color if you look close (the almost look like waves or like that old time plastic bubble stuff we always use to get in our stocking that we would blow up with those tiny straws and smells super chemically).

The flight is good old Ion though -- no extra stability if that is what you were looking for.

There's a guy with an anniversary ion on eBay... ends in 4 days, 30 bucks so far... last one went for over 50 bucks :eek:

Man I didn't realize they were going to be valuable that soon.

There's a guy with an anniversary ion on eBay... ends in 4 days, 30 bucks so far... last one went for over 50 bucks :eek:

Man I didn't realize they were going to be valuable that soon.

The price will stabilize in a few months, it's just the early panickers and collectors hoarding in mass. I remember when people were asking 200 dollars for Roc3s those first few weeks, with "Root beer" and "Mtn Dew," colors. Give me a break, all just code for shades of brown and grass unthrowables.

Last edited:
The price will stabilize in a few months, it's just the early panickers and collectors hoarding in mass. I remember when people were asking 200 dollars for Roc3s those first few weeks, with "Root beer" and "Mtn Dew," colors. Give me a break, all just code for shades of brown and grass unthrowables.

Yeah I hate those colours... I have a dark purple old stamp Ion.. Last of my dealer order from 2011 or 2012.. I was always surprised when people wanted them dark like that.

Ions to me felt and flew like Wizards IMO. It's a great disc in Electron. I cannot stand the neutron or proton plastic. Any kind of wetness or sweat, slips....

Anyone throwing the 10yrs? I have 3 now and im so close to just bagging and throwing. I usually use stock plastic but i think it would be cool to throw the 10yr. Being a putt and approach , i shouldnt have any issues with losing it. So one backup should do it

Yeah I hate those colours... I have a dark purple old stamp Ion.. Last of my dealer order from 2011 or 2012.. I was always surprised when people wanted them dark like that.

I have a dark blue\purple proton one. Bought it before I realized how far I could throw a putter. It's by far my favorite disc in my bag, but I'm also so scared to lose it. I just bought a yellow plasma one that I hope will take it's place.

Latest posts