• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

I think that the grip and dome of Plasma will be awesome, but I doubt there will be much difference in PLH because that's still the overmold. Plastics like Gstar mold up with lower wings so tend to be more understable, at least that's what I've heard. The dome from Plasma could help make discs less stable but I doubt it will be anything like an S-PD versus a G-PD, etc. because the Plasma is only in core.
Can anyone prove or disprove my hypothesis with profile pics?

I can't prove or disprove your hypothesis, however, I can say that while the overmold is a different plastic it does contain the same polymers as whatever the core is made of to aid in the bonding. In my experience this has translated to slightly tougher OMs on Proton plastic than Neutron. I have also seen at least one freak Crave that had a higher PLH than my other Craves, so there can be some inconsistencies even with MVP's obsession for perfection.

My metallic green volt has a slightly lower plh than my other neutron and proton volts.

Sorry cant do pics at the moment

Plasma Volt, Plasma Vector, Plasma Anode, and Plasma in the upcoming drivers please.

Dome? Nice to hear, totally flat MVP drivers seem to have the effect of raising the PLH and skewering everything more OS, doesn't matter the model.

Have a couple Tesla's that look like Motion profile, and had a couple lemonade Servos that looked liked Resistor(now going with 2 light blue that are normal). Just got a 3rd Inertia, it has some dome and the wing is curved down more and PLH is lower than my other 2. Guess which one flies best? All Neutron, BTW.

yep you should love some plasma drivers then. MVP has some domey mids already and did with the vector/axis early on but their even "domey" discs really are flat compared to most out there with pop tops lol. My plasma teslas have some sliiight pop or "heart beat" though along with all the other discs ive handled and/or seen with the metallic color which was a marketing point of the plastic itself.

Plasma Plastic is the latest secret development from MVP Disc Sports, combining our high standards of performance and visual appeal. Plasma has a stunning metallic sheen, even color-shifting in select color options. The grip is a semi-gummy blend in between our Soft and standard firmness for Neutron plastic. We are able to dial in the balance of flat or domed flight plates, lending extra glide to driver and midrange models, while preserving a typical flat plate on putters like the Ion.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're going to find a lot of that in the current driver molds. All of their fairways (that I've seen) are board flat, feel similar, and have only moderate changes in PLH. Same for all of the current Volts/Amps/Shocks, as well as most of the Impulse/Inertia/Tesla/Motion, etc. The only exceptions I've seen are the experimental blends and older runs of the Volt class.

The change in plh still produces different flight paths, just not as much as some would like. I dropped Shocks as soon as the Volts started coming out flat with a higher PLH. I'm now not bagging my Eclipse Volt because the Tesla is filling the role nicely, glides better, and feels better.

My workhorses are old (domey) Amps, old (domey) Volts, and metallic (domey) Teslas.

As far which molds......my vote is for the Volt, Servo, Vector and Amp.

Agree with the above 2 posts, and yeh I saw that Plasma description re dome on MVP's site recently.

I throw my coppers easy 50' further than my other teslas topping out at just over 400' while the flat ones take some serious torque or high anny to get to fly the same distance and given same throw as "plasma" they finish with harder fade. the 157 copper is bomber. I put it out there with peoples 12 speeds all day.

My 2 very beefy Tesla's sit in the bag for headwind drives only. I'm stuck buying online almost exclusively, one shop in my area occasionally stocks MVP, but not much, and they can go months without any MVP on hand.

also I took a bunch of different pictures of all the teslas I have but seriously the PLH isn't even really noticeable with my amature photography. The discs are different just a waste of time to post almost lol. Flat vs dome is the key to picking out an MVP disc regardless if its a vector, tesla, whatever just know specially with this plastic release. I imagine not all molds could be impacted the same as in my example above the domey vectors are the more overstable ones while domey teslas that's not the case.

Well, my new slightly domey Inertia with lower PLH flies sweet!...and as advertised. But, it's too close to my Impulses, lol. I can either take the Impulses out, or just stick with my slightly higher PLH Inertias which are great for straight w/moderate fade and sweeping hyzers.

I'm actually a little wary of domey MVP drivers, as enticing as they sound. I like the flight of their sleek and mostly flat drivers just fine. I think it's a big reason for their control, precision, and line holding ability. Probably going to lose at least some of that in domey form.

I'm actually a little wary of domey MVP drivers, as enticing as they sound. I like the flight of their sleek and mostly flat drivers just fine. I think it's a big reason for their control, precision, and line holding ability. Probably going to lose at least some of that in domey form.

Without dome, I see MVP drivers fading away for me. While fun to throw for reasons I cannot explain, I can find something better for me from other places. Now, the high speed stuff may be a different story.

I hear what you're saying. I do believe MVPs mostly sleek and flat discs are awesome for control and precision. That said, sometimes I'm willing to trade a little precision for a little more D - obviously depends on the situation. I'd at least like to try a domey glidey gyro disc - just dang curious...

I hear what you're saying. I do believe MVPs mostly sleek and flat discs are awesome for control and precision. That said, sometimes I'm willing to trade a little precision for a little more D - obviously depends on the situation. I'd at least like to try a domey glidey gyro disc - just dang curious...

Agree, and more dome will enhance glide...meaning they could really bomb. Maybe bag one of their new 21.5mm distance drivers in Plasma for that reason alone?