• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Aptly named disc, as I will resist purchasing it. :| :| :|

Very interesting, but I'll be more excited when the other discs in this speed range come out.

An MVP Banshee/Trident type disc is great and all, but a MVP Cyclone and (pro-ish) Leopard would see a lot more use in my bag. I'll still be buying a few of these of course.

Sounds Trident-ish.

Look at the flight chart. Not a Trident.

I'm interested only because my Shocks aren't as overstable as I'd like. They fly too similarly to my Volts (I did just get two more but haven't had much of a chance to throw them yet, and I'm aware of the original Shocks being goofed up).

These won't be as long as the Shocks, though, so… hmmmm.

Last edited:
So they are going to release slower drivers to fill almost nonexistent (imho of course) gap between their current fairway drivers and midranges, instead of releasing true distance drivers? :confused:

Of course they might be just what I really needed instead of Amp/Volt/Shock, as they are tad too fast for me to throw them consistently. But if these fly anything shorter than the previous drivers, then I can just throw Tangent/Axis/Tensor, which are not that much shorter than my drivers...

Well, I'm probably going to buy it anyway :p

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, we don't know what they have up their sleeve. Maybe a distance driver is being pumped out of those machines as we speak.

I'll probably give the Resistor a try, and I could see it replacing the Shock and Tensor, which both get very little use in my bag as it is.

As mentioned, if this is part of a "new family" of slower fairways, we could see a MVP Leopard soon, which I'd buy a stack of. -keeps fingers crossed-

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, we don't know what they have up their sleeve. Maybe a distance driver is being pumped out of those machines as we speak.

I'll probably give the Resistor a try, and I could see it replacing the Shock and Tensor, which both get very little use in my bag as it is.

As mentioned, if this is part of a "new family" of slower fairways, we could see a MVP Leopard soon, which I'd buy a stack of. -keeps fingers crossed-

Yes I agree that this could replace both Shock and Tensor in my bag also. And MVP Leopard, that would be excellent. I originally though Amp would have been more like Leopard, FD or something like that, but it's too fast and stable for some of the lines I threw with FD...

I am a bit underwhelmed as well. I hope this is the start of a new series of drivers they have one the way. I too would like something more like a leopard.

Allow this to serve as my monthly reminder that if you don't like it, you don't have to try it. It's OK to have discs besides MVP in your bag.

Personally, I think this is great. It shows that MVP truly has a vision for what they want to do with their disc line and isn't just caving to the notion that a distance driver has to be next. Much respect.

I'm always happy to see slower drivers come out. I really like my Ch Banshee though, the Resistor will have some tough sledding to do.

so now begins the wait for disc speed, mike c, and the other MVP testers to get their discs and out up videos

It looks like the same core as the fairway drivers they have now; they just took 1mm off the overmold. Take the Shock, blunt the edge a bit, and it appears you've got a Resistor.

The Tensor is 1.2cm rim width, the Shock is 1.8, and this is 1.7. It appears to be a lot more similar to a Shock (albeit a bit more overstable) than the Tensor.

If it's more overstable than the Shock, good. I don't see this replacing the Tensor unless you have very little gap between your mids and your fairway drivers.

I'm excited about the slower, more controlled fairway line-up. People don't realize that they could probably throw slower fairways just as far as the faster fairways (requires more height to do so), and with more precision.

Latest posts