• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. But I have to say, I love this disc. Especially thrown on a low flat line, it goes straight and just seems to glide forever. IMO these are better than volts, but I get that I am in the minority on that probably. Is it safe to assume that the reason this disc is not offered in anything other than Neutron and mainly just in heavier weights is the lack of popularity?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. But I have to say, I love this disc. Especially thrown on a low flat line, it goes straight and just seems to glide forever. IMO these are better than volts, but I get that I am in the minority on that probably. Is it safe to assume that the reason this disc is not offered in anything other than Neutron and mainly just in heavier weights is the lack of popularity?

You might have one of those 1st run ones? After the initial release, they beefed these up for the 2nd run onward. From then on they're pretty OS, with pretty aggressive fade. Once the Motion dropped, most Shock throwers moved on (myself included.)

Or maybe you have a cannon arm.

You might have one of those 1st run ones? After the initial release, they beefed these up for the 2nd run onward. From then on they're pretty OS, with pretty aggressive fade. Once the Motion dropped, most Shock throwers moved on (myself included.)

That's what I was thinking. Especially if he found it near hole 2 at Valley View... because it's probably the red and black 1st run that I lost two years ago.

Or maybe you have a cannon arm.

Idk, I had a 1st run and a 2nd run, and while the 1st run was more understable, my 2nd run was not much different than my volt. I would compare my shock to the plasma volt today. Straight, some turn when thrown full power, lots of distance, ends with soft fade. I have not seen much of a reason to test another later run since the resistor and motion releases, but I still bring my shock just for fun.

The first runs that are US reminded me of a faster switch. I bagged one for a while that would turn but still fade. Current run shocks are pretty OS nothing like a plasma volt which would be the least OS of any volt.

The first runs that are US reminded me of a faster switch. I bagged one for a while that would turn but still fade. Current run shocks are pretty OS nothing like a plasma volt which would be the least OS of any volt.

Agreed that the plasma is the least os volt, and that is exactly how my shock flies. Before I sold my 1st run shock, I compared the plh's and they were different. I really wonder if my 2nd run was actually a more stable 1st run, because its not beefy by any means. I will try and get a comparison video together soon of putters, mids, fw, and drivers. I just have to find another video editing software because the windows 10 update ended my movie maker program...

Someone compare this to a flat, high plh volt for me.

How much more overstable are we talking? Thinking of a shock/crave combo? Right now I have a flat volt that is decently overstable, but not crazy.

The Shock fades a bit sooner and harder the Volts do, and fights out of an anhyzer more. Not quite as OS as a Resistor, Fireball, Firebird, XXX, etc, but beefier than the beefiest Volts. If you're going to use a Volt cycle, carrying a Shock as your "OS Volt" makes a lot of sense. If you're going with the Crave, the Resistor feels damn near identical so they match up better IMO.

id rather throw a motion these days. it and the tesla do work when the winds start blowing. shock is cool but doesn't have the speed. it glides and fades hard but would rather throw a resistor for more control or do like I mentioned for true wind fighting etc. .

Last edited:
Same here. I usually go with a Resistor, or a I disc up to a Wrath / Fireball depending on how OS I need. The Shock is nice if you're trying to really rock the speed 9's, otherwise I think the Motion / Fireball separate themselves from the Volt better.

I guess I was thinking for a bag built like this, to keep the disc count down

Stego
Kc aviars

Warrior
Comet

Shock
Crave

H1

Pd2s

Cuz if I'm gonna throw volts, then eff it. Crave is out and I'm gonna go back to throwing gazelles or a relay. Speed 7 overstable isn't really necessary because the h1 is a goddamn brick that doesn't go anywhere. The motion would never get used because of my pd2. I was thinking for more of a headwind control driver.

First world disc problems.

A few weeks ago I was playing in the craziest winds I've ever played in. 25 mph sustained, gusts to probably 50. I have a seasoned up Motion, and because I didn't really check the weather, it was the beefiest disc I had in the bag.

I threw it directly into a probably 35-40 mph gust, and it flipped some! Tipped over a tad and held, basically flew a nice 300ish flex, landed right on the center line. It was crazy, I'd never had it even pretend to think about even wiggling.

Recently rediscovered a love for the Shock. My friend have me one with an aviar as my first discs. I saw that theyre OOP and have been searching around for more to stock up. Looks like they were only made in Neutron plastic except for one run of Plasma, right? I'm going to keep reading thru this thread to soke up as much info as I can but I really want to know how the Plasma Shocks compare to the two different neutrons shocks. Mine is one of the beefy 2nd runs based on the flight it seems. I found a flippy/straight one thats on its way to me.

Latest posts