• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Stamp Removal

bsheisey

Bogey Member
Does anyone here have any experience removing the stamps from MVP discs? The pickings are pretty slim when it comes to white, unstamped MVP discs, and I was considering trying to wipe a disc with the regular stamp. I've heard that the MVP stamps don't come off very easily. Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

I have done this. The stamp is burned in pretty deep and can be really hard to get all of the color out of. I've gotten it close, but not perfect. I just buy them blank now.

Marshall Street always has blank MVP/Axiom for our dyer friends.

MVP does sell blanks...

of every mold.

Marshall Street always has blank MVP/Axiom for our dyer friends.

I am aware of this. I have done plenty of research into this, looking at Communitydiscs, discgolfcenter, and Marshall Street. I am looking for a white, blank Volt, Tesla or Motion, and the only discs I could find were white, blank Teslas and Motions on Marshall street. Unfortunately, I am only looking for one disc, and I don't want to get tagged for $7 shipping because I didn't spend $50 at Marshall Street.

This is why I am looking into the possibility of wiping a stamp. I just wanted to see if it could be done cleanly.

Thanks!

This^^ It's rather distinct. Any more messing with it will just mar an otherwise pristine disc.

I am aware of this. I have done plenty of research into this, looking at Communitydiscs, discgolfcenter, and Marshall Street. I am looking for a white, blank Volt, Tesla or Motion, and the only discs I could find were white, blank Teslas and Motions on Marshall street. Unfortunately, I am only looking for one disc, and I don't want to get tagged for $7 shipping because I didn't spend $50 at Marshall Street.

This is why I am looking into the possibility of wiping a stamp. I just wanted to see if it could be done cleanly.

Thanks!

I guess the $ 7 shipping is a small price to pay for a better end result of your dye. The time you save from wiping, possibly damaging or making a disc unusable is well worth said 7 bucks.

Here is one to make that $7 feel like a bargain...I just spent $195 to have my sons new custom gaming PC and monitor from ibuypower.com sent FedX second day air :doh:!

Here is the kicker...it shipped from CA Friday evening and was in my local FedX hub by 8 am Monday morning :thmbup: I take the trip to the hub and I am informed I cant pick up my packages! :thmbdown:
Girl said she had no way to go and find them and they did not allow pickup there anyway (UPS does by the way).

The package did not make the truck because the delivery wasn't scheduled until Tuesday. Finally it arrived Tuesday at about 4 pm! From now on if I can choose my shipping preference it want be the F-word.

I wouldn't ever try to wipe an mvp disc. They put the stamps on there to stay. That's why the sell the blanks. Specifically for dyers.

Last edited:
Hmm... I used acetone on my volt before dyeing it to great effect. Ink came out no questions asked, and just the imprint of the stamp remained.

This^^ It's rather distinct. Any more messing with it will just mar an otherwise pristine disc.
I'll vouch for this. MVP stamps are hard to get out, and sometimes you just have to live with less than optimal results.

Now, if the disc is a personal thrower, who cares? Do your best to get the stamp out and adjust your dye accordingly. But if it's a gift or you're getting paid to do it for someone you'll be far better off buying the blank.

I wouldn't ever try to wipe an mvp disc. They put the stamps on there to stay. That's why the sell the blanks. Specifically for dyers.

The stamps on Nuetron come off much more cleanly than Proton. I spent a while with acetone/qtips trying to get this volt to be perfect. Almost, but some of the 'corners' are pretty much impossible to get 100% of it off. Personally, I like the ghost stamp look - especailly if you line it up right.

Attachments

• madison3.jpg
    madison3.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 157
Sounds like I'm better off dropping a few extra bucks on the stampless disc. It is likely that I will be using this disc for my Okthrowberfest dye, so I probably shouldn't be cutting corners anyway.

Thanks for input guys!

MVP stamps are very tough to remove however I have been able to pull a few completely off and others not so much. I use a green scratch pad and comet powder to get deep into the hot stamp, most of the stamp comes off with no real issue.

Does Axiom stuff do the same thing?

MVP stamps are very tough to remove...

Just a note that this is not true for Glow Proton - at least the 1 I tried. The stamp came off as cleanly as any stamp can come off. Must be a different process for these ones.

if you absolutely have to have the stamp off acetone the bulk of the stamp off. Then use a thousand grit sand paper on the entire disc to remove the gost stamp and have an even finish. the disc will not be legal after this but the stamp will be gone.

^If you're going to go through the trouble, you might as well spend the few extra bucks and not worry about it being legal for tournament play or not.

Acetone takes the stamps off MVP discs without leaving a ghost stamp. If you check out Communitydiscs.com you can usually find blanks at the same price as the stamped MVP discs. They are also very quick about shipping.

Last edited: