• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

So the tangent I ordered from DGC showed up today :hfive:

Only problem....it's nice and warped :doh: :wall:

So the tangent I ordered from DGC showed up today :hfive:

Only problem....it's nice and warped :doh: :wall:

its not warped.. mvp discs dont get "warped"

if its temporarily deformed from shiping just take a little hot water and put it on the stove till its really hot (not boiling) and then pour the hot water into your disc and it will snap right out of it and back to original form.. this sometimes flattens the done though if the water is too hot.

another option:

i usualy use a huge pot with about 3 inches of water in the bottom and let it get nice and hot then just dip them in the hot water (after you turn the burner off) just to get them back into the right shape. (this will not flatten dome)

I know all the "tricks" to flattening and reshaping discs. I wouldn't have even bothered posting here if either of those had worked :eek:

Either way, I e-mailed DGC and will see what happens. Sucks that I was super stoked to get it for my bag this weekend for it to show up like this.

I know all the "tricks" to flattening and reshaping discs. I wouldn't have even bothered posting here if either of those had worked :eek:

Either way, I e-mailed DGC and will see what happens. Sucks that I was super stoked to get it for my bag this weekend for it to show up like this.

It'll probably still fly better than most discs :)

eh, leave it out flat in the sun for a bit it will be fine..

eh, leave it out flat in the sun for a bit it will be fine..

Yea my order of tangents came REAL f'ed up and i was able to set them in hot water for a few minutes and they can out steaming, then just sat them flat on the table and they were perfectly fine after that.. still using them in the bag :)

those of you replacing the axis with the tangent, what exactly does the tangent do better?

wouldn't a light neutron tangent and a heavier axis fill the straight stable and slightly understable roles better?

Iv'e been wondering the same. The pink 174 I have is pretty stable. Would a lighter Neutron or a Proton be more understable?

The best bet is to check out Mike C on that question...though he's in the like top 1-2% in terms of power.

I've found that, at least with some of the MVP molds, the usual assumptions about stability and lighter/heavier weights don't necessarily apply the same as with other discs...which is kinda wierd.

I remember Mike C saying, when the Volt was released, that he was getting more HS turn out of the heavier Volt he was throwing...but obviously that was a while back.

Bumping for a sweet disc. I bought an eclipse tangent yesterday and it was really fun to throw. It felt just slightly understable to me (barely). With slight hyzer flip I would watch it flip slightly past flat and just hold it all the way down for a very straight shot. This disc can easy do many shots.

Iv'e been wondering the same. The pink 174 I have is pretty stable. Would a lighter Neutron or a Proton be more understable?

I've thrown the Tangent in all the plastics and in various weights. Overall the heavier Neutron Tangents are the most stable. Eclipse seems to be the most understable. Lighter weights are the most understable too. My 171 Eclipse tangent is the most understable.

Part of this could be due to a little more dome which adds glide. Gives it some more time to turn.

Latest posts