• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

That's interesting, my Servos don't fly the same as my Volts. The Servo is noticeably less stable than my Volt, ends up a bit right of center while my Volt always fades to the left unless I'm throwing some hard anny shots...

My seasoned Resistor can fly like a fresh FR proton volt (little shorter)
My Servo can fly like one of my newer seasoned neutron volts, it does turn over a little easier though.. but for the most part it can hit close enough lines to replace it.
My Switch is like my super beat first run neutron volt but is going to quickly season into a good turnover to replace the Amp.

I try to limit too much overlap and i dont think i need a speed 7, 9 and 10 that are covering similar lines, i may keep one volt in the bag though because it is such a great mold, and your right, nothing in the speed 7 range is exactly like a volt.. its in between the resistor and servo.

Last edited:
I think I might have gotten the last 2 special editions left at infinite discs last night. I refreshed their home page and took another look and there were no more options for it... Whew... That was close...

AlIqwNF.jpg

Boy am I glad I preordered a pair of these from Aim! After seeing FB go nuts over em on April Fools, I knew these would go fast once they announced they were real! I'll be hanging these ones and probably throwing some production runs once they start pumping those out.

I'm gonna get a mikec tesla I think. though if I disc'd with my shirt off I would scare everyone away.:gross:

I was thinking earlier about the fact that MikeC has not (from what I have seen) aced the hole he always throws new discs on. Call it a whim but I think the tesla might be the one to do it...:popcorn:

All right, back from the park, where I do all my field work/testing.

I tested the 172 Tesla against a my 174 Inertia, fresh FR Volt, beat FR Volt, trusty Amp, and lightly seasoned Shock. The Tesla is board flat, and almost like the Resistor, has the overmold up high along the core. It gives it a different grip than the Inertia...one that I honestly am not in love with. It's not bad, just not super comfortable for my hand.

I went in expecting one thing, and ended up somewhat surprised.

The Tesla is much more overstable than I thought it would be. It honestly flew very much like the Shock. Because of the overstability, I could not throw it as far as any of the other discs. Max D was around 260. Max D with the Inertia was about 305. In fact, out of the 5 molds I threw tonight, the Tesla was consistently the shortest.

On flex shots it would fight it off soon into the flight and fade back nicely. On the same flex shot the Inertia turned right, held that line for a bit, then faded a bit at the end. The flight between the two is very different. I feel like one of the Inertia's strengths is its glide. The Tesla seems to have much less glide, like most overstable discs in a noodle arm's hands.

So, in a nutshell, it's pretty beefy. I want to know what bigger arms think because if you can't get a disc up to speed it handles very differently. Most players will love this disc's OAT fighting power, stability, and predictable fade. If anyone found the Inertia to be squirrely, the Tesla will fix that, and then some.

Here's the Inertia on the left, Tesla on the right:

As you can see, the PLH is a good deal higher, and the overmold sits higher against the core.

The difference can be seen more here where the two are touching:

Hmmm that might work for me I have fat short fingers but big hands. So I sometimes have trouble throwing slimmer discs. this seem to have rim depth but still be slim am I right?

I don't think you'll have too much trouble gripping it. It is slim, but not uncomfortably so. The flat top makes it seem shallower too.

Latest posts