• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Turn from a tesla IMO is going to be more dependent upon PLH/Dome vs weight. I have had a few 150 class teslas now which basically are glidey versions of the heavy ones' Held up to wind fine and similar to 150 teebird or firebird etc where the flight doesn't really change much.

my copper tesla @ 157g with some slight dome & the matching 175g with even a little more dome(resulting in lower PLH) are the only teslas which flip up to flat like the protons were in MikeC's video (still haven't thrown one yet) ...

even my beat teslas don't really "turn" like a switch or inertia etc and still fade out.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the quick feedback. I like to throw from a hyzer - even just a shallow one with more overstable discs - which is why I was asking about the turn. If the 150s are generally the same as the higher weights, I may have to pass. We'll see. I really don't use OS stuff that much (lefty, for one; low power, for another), so this isn't a pressing matter or anything.

Maybe I'll just wait for whatever is (hopefully) coming that sits on the stability scale between the Inertia and Tesla.

I've got a pretty new P @ 168. I get some drift from it, not throwing it as far as Mike C obviously. Mostly it's like any driver w/ -1 HSS, it drifts some, really glides out a long way thrown hard/flat and with a solid fade, and holds an anny line forever and flattens/bails pretty late.

I did have the chance to throw it hard into blustery wind, and it did show more 'flip' in those situations. Based on what some guys are saying about the 'beefier' Ns, I don't think the P is quite that stout, at least not this one I'm throwing.

Last edited:
My LE Nikola stamp was one I got from the initial order and obviously been thrown the longest. Its really what you are looking for but taken quite a beating and in the middle of the weight range at 167g. I put 4 other teslas in the bag in fear of losing the LE stamp so working those as fast has been quite a chore.. Should have just waited for protons to come out :doh: but who knows they might do like volts and make them slightly OS when new.

Try to scoop up a beat used tesla for cheap! :hfive: :D

I've got a pretty new P @ 168. I get some drift from it, not throwing it as far as Mike C obviously. Mostly it's like any driver w/ -1 HSS, it drifts some, really glides out a long way thrown hard/flat and with a solid fade, and holds an anny line forever and flattens/bails pretty late.

I did have the chance to throw it hard into blustery wind, and it did show more 'flip' in those situations. Based on what some guys are saying about the 'beefier' Ns, I don't think the P is quite that stout, at least not this one I'm throwing.

Really liking it BTW. I was hesitant to try one, because I was worried, at my power, it would compete with the Volt, but I'm finding there's plenty of room for both. Tesla's a bit longer, and a bit earlier with the fade, so a good bit more R to L lateral movement for me than my Volts.

My 150 class Tesla has a significantly later fade and more turn for me than the 168 and 175 I've thrown. It was definitely distinct from the heavier ones, more so than I expected, actually. So based on my experience I think it'd be worth a try.

I am currently intentionally beating the crap out of a 174 Proton I have from when MVP sent me a tester. If I can significantly affect it and get it to fly a little easier for me, I may snag another and do the same thing.

Garage floor tomahawks and intentional street skips are quite fun.

I have a 167 N and you've just described its flight pattern almost perfectly. Maybe you and I just throw very similarly or maybe your P and my N are really similar discs, but everything you said about yours fits mine perfectly. I have another N and a couple P's in different weights on the way to me, so it will be interesting to see if I get any that are truly beefy, but my current one is definitely not.

I never thought of this but would a lower weight Tesla still have the same amount of fade as a 170+? Could someone throw a lightweight Tesla and say it flies like a slightly more stable Inertia? Just curious for those who throw different weighted Tesla's, often.

my 157g is still a tesla. way more so than any inertia I have ever thrown.

For example just yesterday I threw them both on a 400' downhill hole where the lighter tesla flipped up from a slight hyzer and locked into straight with a very late fade past the basket about 25' (big down hill we are talking) where the inertia flipped up, turned over and held a right dirft with a very late fade out but much further off center and shorter due to slight left to right crosswind.

I never thought of this but would a lower weight Tesla still have the same amount of fade as a 170+? .

Simply put IMO-- yes.

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree with AIM here - my 150 class Tesla has noticeably more turn and less fade at ~350' D than my heavier ones. It's not nearly as reliable. Just my experience.

for me it goes like this,

fade = tesla/motion

straight = volt/crave

turn = Switch/Inertia

obviously there is more to it then that as ill throw a tesla on anhyzer or inertia on a hyzer but you get the point. We went over this a few pages back I believe a little more too.

I have 2 P Teslas, 174 and 157 and 2 N Teslas, 174 and 167. I 174 P Tesla is definitely the most OS of the lot; very little turn and plenty of fade. However, I'd say the 157 P Tesla might actually be the next most stable in terms of turn and fade. It can be affected more by the wind, but in calm conditions, I think both the N Teslas have a bit more turn and less fade than the 157 P. Thus possibly it has more to do with the plastic than with the weight for the Teslas?

dome & PLH impact flight much more compared to weight or plastic IMO. Its been stated that there are some lower and higher PLH teslas or some with a slight dome. Still haven't really thrown one which exhibits much high speed turn though. Flip to flat easier with lighter/later fade, sure.

dome & PLH impact flight much more compared to weight or plastic IMO. Its been stated that there are some lower and higher PLH teslas or some with a slight dome. Still haven't really thrown one which exhibits much high speed turn though. Flip to flat easier with lighter/later fade, sure.

Just curious, not trying to flame here, but what's the difference between "flip to flat" and "high speed turn" as you see it?

Just curious, not trying to flame here, but what's the difference between "flip to flat" and "high speed turn" as you see it?

I look at it like straight from a hyzer vs over into a turn which moves laterally off release point. For example I can aim straight to a line with a disc like volt/tesla while throwing a switch/inertia the aim point is much more off to the left in order to land and hit the similar line as the more HSS discs.

in slower terms think of it like throwing a beat axis or fresh tangent vs theory.

Last edited:
Yeah, makes sense. I just generally think of HS turn more generally, not for specific shots, wanted to make sure I knew what you meant.

yeah flip to straight I guess is a better way to put it.... all results from some form of high speed turn. One disc just doesn't really ever "turnover" into a anhyzer kind of finish.

Latest posts