• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Wave

Rogue9

Eagle Member
Couple of reviews popped up in other threads. Time for its own thread.

Personally I am eagerly awaiting Onemoremile's review.

I had a second field session with them today. There were some weird crosswinds though. They were turning a little harder than last night, but I thin it's from the wind coming in left to right and pushing them when they hit the high speed turn part of the flight.

From what I've seen so far they live up to the longer Inertia description. I feel like these are going to be the longest MVP driver for me once I get them dialed in. At least in calm conditions. Just stupid amounts of hang time on a powered hyzer flip.

Threw a few rollers with them today too. Fell in love with them for that role pretty quick after sending one about 535'. In my practice field there's a fence 560' out and I was about 25, 20' shy of it on my best Wave roller.

Determined to hit that fence when I film a field test vid. Roller or air shot, I don't care, I just want to hit that damn thing already haha.

I felt like it was a little too windy today to get a good feel for what this disc can do. First impressions remind me of a faster insanity really. Mine have a SLIGHT dome (all of them in the order were on point) with the lighter weights having a little less HSS. I expected the disc to be a little more stable like a longer inertia but also might just have been the crazy winds today swirling around and trying to really mash on it which didn't help. Its a long flying glidey distance driver but not sure where it will fit in my bag right now. I think lower power players will really like the lighter weight versions for some solid distance drives but definitely need to take it out on a longer course on a calmer day to see what its capable of. Reminded me a lot of throwing the lighter 134 fission photon but obviously felt much better as a heavier traditional weight in my bag.

drooling.gif

I feel like it is going to bomb. just need to dial in that proper amount of hyzer. Was getting some huge flex shots with a steep hyzer release and then long rollers with a little anny so little touchy but again the winds were crazy today and I wouldn't generally use a disc like this in that case. At least the slower speeds don't get jacked around as early or quickly like high speed drivers do you lose all the control in the big winds with a lot of faster understable stuff so its why I always liked 9ish speeds.

I felt like it was a little too windy today to get a good feel for what this disc can do. First impressions remind me of a faster insanity really. Mine have a SLIGHT dome (all of them in the order were on point) with the lighter weights having a little less HSS. I expected the disc to be a little more stable like a longer inertia but also might just have been the crazy winds today swirling around and trying to really mash on it which didn't help. Its a long flying glidey distance driver but not sure where it will fit in my bag right now. I think lower power players will really like the lighter weight versions for some solid distance drives but definitely need to take it out on a longer course on a calmer day to see what its capable of. Reminded me a lot of throwing the lighter 134 fission photon but obviously felt much better as a heavier traditional weight in my bag.

I like the longer Insanity comp, and it doesn't surprise me. I feel like the MVP 21.5 mm class has the similar rounded shape that the Axiom 20 mm class has, as opposed to sharing the flat top of the MVP 20 mm class. Makes them more comfy in the hand and a bit glidier, in my experience.

Still working on consistently dialing in the Wave, but hit it right and it goes boom.

definitely picking one of these up this week when i stop into glide. sounds like my cup of tee. the photon has been amazing and its pissing off my buddies cause i added 40-60 feet on my drives. i used to be a little shorter than them now i am right there with them or sometimes out driving them! this wave sounds like it'll be even better for wide open hyzer flips that i need for the few long holes around these parts

First impressions, I love this disc. I got a 168g lavender particle wave. Played Mt Airy with it and used it(or Photon) on nearly every shot. I threw one of my best drives ever on no13 410ft,

43e3d1c9_m.jpg

Threw it flat and hard just off the edge of the tree in the middle of pic with a mild tailwind. It held the turnover beautifully and I was inside the outer row of trees on the up slope with about 35ft. Usually I cant quite get up that slope if the disc holds the turn or I am 60-80 left in the open if it doesn't. This disc doesnt quite have the glide of a g* tern but its pretty close. I would give it 5 glide. Big arm guys should get easy rollers and hyzer flip big bombs in a tailwind.

Yeah still dialing in the mold really but it bombs! I like it powered down and low long straight drives. Prefering the photon for more reckless D shots. The glide is up there though thats why i mentioned faster insanity kust seems to GO!

two part review

165 - Awesome so far. I'm matching or beating the distance I'm able to hit with my terns. This is super fun to throw but it definitely feels more under stable than the flight numbers I've seen.

173 - Flippy pos. I'm hoping the sunken in flight plate is the issue. Maybe I can eave it the sun or something but this disc is awful.

I'm hoping the 173 is the oddball.

two part review

165 - Awesome so far. I'm matching or beating the distance I'm able to hit with my terns. This is super fun to throw but it definitely feels more under stable than the flight numbers I've seen.

173 - Flippy pos. I'm hoping the sunken in flight plate is the issue. Maybe I can eave it the sun or something but this disc is awful.

I'm hoping the 173 is the oddball.

I just picked up a 173 particle wave that I intend to throw. Mine is white but doesn't look to have a sunken plate, can you post an image?

I just picked up a 173 particle wave that I intend to throw. Mine is white but doesn't look to have a sunken plate, can you post an image?

I left it under a lamp that gets pretty warm and it seems to be going back into place. I think this may do the trick.

Latest posts