• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag, any suggestions?

rickztahone

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 5 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH and the occassional RHFH but just started to do that recently.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Never actually thrown a putter for anything other than putting. Mid: Roc3 220/250'; Eagle L 280/300'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Bad lower back pain
Other sport proficiencies?: Basketball
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I have way too many discs.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Want to eliminate some discs that are overlapping.
Immediate and long-term goals: Immediate goals would be to lose some discs from my main throwing bag. Long term will be to be able to properly pick out a disc that merits it on that particular hole without second guessing myself.

Bag: (disclaimer, I have quite a few discs, I know most on here have more but I feel all of these discs are hindering my development rather than helping as it would a long time DG'er) (The ones in bold are the ones in my actual bag which is a DGA shield bag)

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
Hurricane 173
Rogue 168
Force Z 174
Crush 175
Surge SS Z 173
Avenger SS 173
Flick Z 173
Predator Z 172
Groove 168
Dominator 175
Destroyer 150
Wraith 175

Starfire (L) 173
Roadrunner 175
Valkyrie 172
Teebird (TL) 165
Eagle-L 11x 167
Eagle X 167
Banshee 171
Leopard 175
Leopard 157
River 171
Amp 171

Mids:
Buzzz SS 170
Buzzz 177
Wasp 175
Roc3 180
Shark3 177
Atlas 177 (in the mail)
Ghost 175

Putters:
I really have a lot of Warlocks from S to SSS (about 10 or so) I also have a Gravity clutch which I started with and a few Wizards as well.

My putting game isn't all that bad and I have a practice basket at home. My main concern is the drivers and mid rangers.

I currently have a full bag of discs and find myself reaching for some more than others, for example, the Avenger SS (I have 2) I always reach for when I need to go to the right. My forehand just isn't there and the avenger gets me out of tight spots when I need to go understable. I can also hyzer flip this disc at will which gives me a super straight shot. Sometimes I will use the Leopard instead of the Avenger SS when it doesn't require a big cut to the right.

For stable shots I usually just reach for the TL or The Eagle X. If it's a short hole I will usually reach for the Ghost though. I've gotten it to where I can flip it pretty well.

For overstable I have found that my Rouge will do pretty well. However, it is the disc I have the least distance with and I am honestly not sure why. Sometimes I feel like I can't even throw it 200', lol.

Anyways, that's my bag and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mids
Shark3 - OS
Buzzz - Stable
(Beat) Ghost - Understable

Fairway Drivers
Leopard - Understable
TL - Stable
Eagle-X or Banshee - OS

Distance Drivers
Avenger SS - Understable
Wraith - Stable
Predator - OS
Roadrunner - Backhand Rollers (If you throw them)

This is a setup I'd use if I were you. You don't want to over complicate the bag, so use as few discs as you can but still cover all t shots you need. If you wanna fill smaller gaps in between the discs your using just get multiples of a disc & have one more beat up the the other. You could also throw in the Atlas when you get it, it is dead straight & holds lines well.

Holy **** batman

You just reminded me, the shark and the wasp are also in the mail :hfive:

With regards to the mid rangers though, I did want to see which I liked best and didn't plan on keeping all of them. I also do plan on selling any that I just feel will not end up in the bag to make at least 1/4 of my money back. The good thing is that I have acquired great plastic only because of this great community at a great price and I am thankful for that.

DiscinFiend - that is some great advice my man. Kind of what I was leaning towards already but it's good to know I am on the right track.

Including putters and some odds and ends I currently have about 50 discs or so. This isn't including the discs that I have given to buddies of mine to try to get them in to the sport as well :)

Hows the dome on that eagle l?
Also congrats again on the wasp I nicknamed GOLD DUST pretty as they come

Flat flat flat. I absolutely love that disc. I actually got it in an auction here. 12 discs for $60 and that Eagle L and Star Eagle X were included as well as many other great discs. It really got me started on the plastic buying spree.

I'm anxious for that Wasp. I recently got a Buzzz TI and the finish on that is just beautiful. Thanks again.

Latest posts