• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag - critiques/advice wanted

Synyster817

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 1 year; Ultimate 2 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, FH, OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Zone: 200/240'; Buzzz: 270/300'; Nuke: 330/360'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Ultimate, Football
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: doing better but still feel like something is missing
Specific areas of desired feedback: midrange and approach discs/possible transfer to teebirds
Immediate and long-term goals: Better approach now, better putting for long term

Drivers:
174 ESP Nuke(good) - Huge Distance, straight FH
165 Z Avenger SS(good) - Rollers, Annys
168 X Avenger(worn) - Turnovers, control drives
171 FLX Avenger(good) - Long hyzers, distance FH
174 Z Predator(good) - Spike Hyzers, distance OH, Meathook
176 ESP Predator(excellent) - goes farther with a little extra glide compared to my Z one

Midrange:
177 CryZtal Buzzz(excellent) - Main Mid
178 Z Drone(excellent) - Spikes, meathook mid

Putters:
174 Soft X Putt'r(gooD) - understable putter
174 D Zone(worn) - main putter, approach as well

I also have a Z Stalker that i use for my main fairway driver. I'm currently looking into teebirds instead because of the greater difference in weights and plastics. I have an X buzzz on the way for a straight/understable midrange. All comments are appreciated :thmbup:

well the first thing that seems obviously absent is an ESP meteor. you have both stable and understable drivers & putters, but only a straight and a stable mid. think about a meteor both for turnover shots, but also hyzer-flip applications to achieve a stright landing w/o fade when you have a tight channel to stay in. ( on a longer term note, i would ditch the zone putter and look at a pro-D challenger, at least until i see Doss, Emac, Koling etc, switch from it ) i use a D-challenger for putting and love a cryztal Z challenger for shorter approach shots. then you keep the same feel instead of going between a zone and X putt'r

Last edited:
3 things:
I would a neutral/understable mid (your X Buzzz sounds good)
Find a more standard putter (Aviar, Challenger, Magnet, etc), unless the Putt'r is for putting
Drop the Nuke for a few rounds and see how your bag feels.

I agree with some of the other comments. I think you're missing an understable mid. A comet, meteor or fuse would work well for that.

Also, I would suggest geting a standard putter. I used to putt with a rhyno (very overstable like your zone but with less glide). Since I have switched to a more standard putter (Wizard) I have been making many more putts and with much better consistency. My comfort range (95%) has moved out to 15 feet and I have been making twice as many putts from 16-35 feet. An Aviar, Wizard, or Challenger would work. I have never been a fan of having 2 different molds for putting. If you want one for anny putts I would suggest getting 2 and beating one in instead of having 2 different molds.

try some lighter preds/nuke. better distance/glide and easier to throw at your power level.

thanks guys, will definitely be experimenting! Now my bigger question is about switching from a stalkers to teebirds. do i need teebirds or will what i have suffice?

Latest posts