• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag is a cluttered mess, help me fix it!

JoshH989

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH, thumbers
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Anode - 100/150* buzz - 200/220* Volt 275/300*
* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: Paintball. Lol.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Too much variety, I need to tone down and stick with what I know, then add new disc to cover shots I don't have.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I want a more consistent short game.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 Neutron Volt, used, main distance driver, work horse.
173 Gold Line Saint, new, adding more distance on the volt. But not used to it yet.
174 Z Nuke OS, new, thumbers. This is what my havoc was used for but it was lost. :thmbdown:
Z Zombee, new, occasionally use it off the tee, just a longer buzzz.
DX Viking, getting beat, tunnel shots and tight fairways
DX Leopard, new, anhyzers

Mids:
173 ESP Buzzz, beat, go to mid.
173 Neutron Tangent, new, like a faster Anode, anhyzers, straight long lines.
174 Neutron Vector. New, Got in a trade more OS than the buzz. Nice for headwinds and hyzers
172 TI Buzzz, new, just not the same as my esp Buzzz. I like the disc, prefer crystal or ESP plastic.

Putters:
173 Proton Anode, stiff, driving putter, long putts and throws
173 Proton Anode soft, in the circle, putts.
174 X Soft Focus, new, Windy days when my anodes like to flap in the wind, this is what I use.

Some overlap with the Volt/Viking. Maybe an overstable driver like a Shock (just to keep the MVP trend going). Probably some overlap with the beat Buzzz and Tangent. I don't really see any utility discs like a Trident. An overstable putter is a must in my bag. I prefer the Jokeri or Sinus for this slot. Just some suggestions. Your bag looks pretty solid otherwise.

Noob question, what's a utility disc?

I've been thinking about getting a shock actually.

The Buzzz & Tangent combo are a little much. But I just don't really want to take the tangent out. Lol.

A utility disc is usually very over stable or very under stable and used for get out of trouble shots or weird shots in general.

Little mid tweak to widen the scope a bit - I swapped the Vector out for a Tensor in my bag. Better HSS with similar, late fade. Your buzzes should cover everything inside that to stable. I have the same thing with a Tangent that seems to overlap in my bag, but I can't help but keep it in. No harm in that if it calls to you. I use the Tangent a lot for upshots and my other mids more for drives, although I drive the Tangent sometimes too. I just like it.

Honestly I would get rid of the Buzzz or the Tangent. Does the ESP buzzz turn over? If not get a Buzzz SS, Pro D Buzzz (If sticking with them), fuse, Meteor, or tensor. for the US slot.

I would maybe consider an Ion for driving putter and maybe a Zone also. and get rid of the focus. But thats just me. the Ion is like a the anode but a little bit better in wind, and similar plastic. Maybe get rid of the zombee.

Drop Buzzz's and get a Axis. In my opinion these fly better than a Buzzz and they fly on a frozen rope and always fade out at the end.

Get a Overstable Putter. My Favorite is a Discraft Zone. 1 in Pro D(beat in to semi Overstable goodness) and 1 in ESP(for a Zone that will stay true in flight the whole time you have it)

Utility driver is a must. My MVP Shock works really well for this slot. It's just Overstable enough to where you can use it for drives and it doubles as a Utility Disc. I see you do have the Nuke OS,but IMO the Shock would serve you better as it's more comfortable in the hand. Well it's very comfortable to me.

That's what I got for you. :thmbup:

I reorganized your discs from Most OS to Most US, from fastest to slowest. Helps me(and possibly you) visualize it better.
Based on the distances you currently throw, I'd recommend not going faster than a Volt or Saint for your max distance driver. If the Nuke OS works for you as an overhead disc, keep it. If it ends up being too much disc, I'd recommend a Champ Firebird. The FB could also be a beef complement for your Saint or Volt.
I'd say stick to Volt or the Saint. They're very similar and it'd be best to use one, stick with it and learn it.
When the DX Viking gets too beat, I'd recommend a Pro or Star Valkyrie. Similar feel to the Viking, but more reliable for the straight to turnover role to complement your Volt or Saint.
Pick either the ESP or Ti Buzzz, unless the two fly drastically different for you.
Putters look fine, maybe a Zone or Rhyno instead of the Focus if the Focus doesn't quite cut it for wind fighting duties. Up to you, though.
Optional: Replace the Zombee with a more traditional control fairway like the JLS. It'd hold up to the wind a little better and be a great complement to the Leo you already have.
All in all, you are pretty darn close. It actually isn't as cluttered as you may think.

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
174 Z Nuke OS, new, thumbers. This is what my havoc was used for but it was lost.

175 Neutron Volt, used, main distance driver, work horse.
173 Gold Line Saint, new, adding more distance on the volt. But not used to it yet.
DX Viking, getting beat, tunnel shots and tight fairways

Z Zombee, new, occasionally use it off the tee, just a longer buzzz.
DX Leopard, new, anhyzers

Mids:
174 Neutron Vector. New, Got in a trade more OS than the buzz. Nice for headwinds and hyzers
173 ESP Buzzz, beat, go to mid.
172 TI Buzzz, new, just not the same as my esp Buzzz. I like the disc, prefer crystal or ESP plastic.
173 Neutron Tangent, new, like a faster Anode, anhyzers, straight long lines.

Putters:
173 Proton Anode, stiff, driving putter, long putts and throws

173 Proton Anode soft, in the circle, putts.
174 X Soft Focus, new, Windy days when my anodes like to flap in the wind, this is what I use.

Drop Buzzz's and get a Axis. In my opinion these fly better than a Buzzz and they fly on a frozen rope and always fade out at the end.

If you like buzzz's, I would not drop them. It is a solid disc and you already have them. I wouldn't go spending money on new discs to replace something that already works because someone likes some other disc more.

As far as tangent/buzzz overlap, there is a bit, but the tangent can hold and anny line much better. I actually flattened my tangent a bit (put it upside down on a flat surface and pour hot but not boiling water into it and let it sit) and it makes it a bit more understable. Pairs perfect with my buzzz.

I would recommend trying out a Z predator for utility/wind fighting purposes. It seems like the nuke OS is your only OS disc, and it is a WHOLE lot of disc. I find the pred to be a lot more manageable. Also a great tommy and thumber disc. I use it as a get out of trouble all the time, and I can get a good flick out of it too.

If you like buzzz's, I would not drop them. It is a solid disc and you already have them. I wouldn't go spending money on new discs to replace something that already works because someone likes some other disc more.

As far as tangent/buzzz overlap, there is a bit, but the tangent can hold and anny line much better. I actually flattened my tangent a bit (put it upside down on a flat surface and pour hot but not boiling water into it and let it sit) and it makes it a bit more understable. Pairs perfect with my buzzz.

I would recommend trying out a Z predator for utility/wind fighting purposes. It seems like the nuke OS is your only OS disc, and it is a WHOLE lot of disc. I find the pred to be a lot more manageable. Also a great tommy and thumber disc. I use it as a get out of trouble all the time, and I can get a good flick out of it too.

Since he has some MVP in his bag,I was just nudging him towards an Axis. :D

I still think it's better than the Buzzz. I have 6 Buzzz's at home that I still use,but it's in my mess around bag and not my tourney bag.

Since he has some MVP in his bag,I was just nudging him towards an Axis. :D

I still think it's better than the Buzzz. I have 6 Buzzz's at home that I still use,but it's in my mess around bag and not my tourney bag.

:p Sly, very sly.

I actually haven't tried the axis yet. My mids are comprised of the tensor, buzzz and tangent. I am just so intimate with my current buzzz right now, I could never drop it. I know it too well, and hit an ace with it a couple years ago.

:p Sly, very sly.

I actually haven't tried the axis yet. My mids are comprised of the tensor, buzzz and tangent. I am just so intimate with my current buzzz right now, I could never drop it. I know it too well, and hit an ace with it a couple years ago.

With the Axis I can throw it flat and it will fly on a frozen rope and fade left for me at the end. With the Buzzz when I throw it flat it has a little bit of High speed turn before fading for me. With the Axis I can better judge my shots and I'll always know that when I put the power down it won't give me that much High speed turn.

Buzzz's are great discs though,it's just for me the Axis serves me better. :hfive:

I have the Tensor,Tangent and the Axis. I'm getting ready to get a Vector. I'm just curious as I've heard the Vector has more penetrating fade when the Tensor just has the dying out fade. I think they could cover two different shots.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. :doh:

Get rid of that OSNuke. With your distance, I'd stay under speed 7,8,9. Get a firebird or predator for your super OS spot

To be honest, I don't see what's wrong with this bag. It looks like a bag any skilled golfer could play any course with and shoot well.

I wouldn't change much out of your bag. Personally, I think a Firebird is better than a Nuke OS as a utility disc, because the rim is the perfect size for a thumber for me (and many others). So I'd swap that out. You also might want to get a Pro or Star Leo to replace your DX one of these days.

But this is a fine bag and you could do any golf shot you need with it. I'd concentrate on learning these molds if you like them, and work on developing your game. They're all fine arrows for any archer.

looks good to me too. id say champ firebird in the 170 ish range. the more flatter the more better.
if putting is you weakness, the only cure is to practice. i love my wizard/ion/anode combo. "focus" on putting, and you will get better at everything.