• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag Relativley New

tschirren87

Gateway Magic "soft" 175 (Turnover and Drive Putt)
Gateway Wizard "medium flex" 175 (Approach and Putt)

MVP Axis "Proton" 174
Innova "Champion" TeeBird 12x 175 (Sidearm Fairway Driver And Control Shot)

Discraft "Z" Flick 173 (Tomahawk, Tomahawk Roller)

Discraft "Z" Crush 169 (Sidearm Driver)

Discraft "Z" Nuke 169 (Backhand Driver)
Discraft "ESP" Nuke 174 (Backhand Driver)

Innova "Blizzard" Katana 138 (Tailwind and No Wind distance Driver)
Innova "Blizzard" Katana 157 (Driver)

I just started playing again (4 months ago) after not touching a disc in ten years since I was fifteen. I can throw all my drivers 300-325 ft (I have not used my lightweight katana yet) wanted to see what everyone thought of my setup I am just trying to get a good disc lineup and play with it like that for a while so my discs will start to grow on me. MVP axis is the only midrange that i can throw consistently. Just started throwing back vs sidearm on most drives about 6 weeks ago. I was throwing all sidearm till i started getting a sore elbow. I would like to know what overlap I may have or what I should possibly take out of rotation. I do not carry any more discs than than this lineup. I can sidearm drive 300-325 Feet as well as backhand in that same range I think my backhand may need better form since i am barley out driving my sidearm discs. I picked up a lighter weight Katana to try and improve my form. Any help would be appreciated. I am playing Seymour Smith in Omaha Nebraska with my scores usually falling in the 2-7 over par playing all 3s. I have been working on my short-game in Plattsmouth Nebraska 9 hole. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Lance

Gateway Magic "soft" 175 (Turnover and Drive Putt)
Gateway Wizard "medium flex" 175 (Approach and Putt)

MVP Axis "Proton" 174
Innova "Champion" TeeBird 12x 175 (Sidearm Fairway Driver And Control Shot)

Discraft "Z" Flick 173 (Tomahawk, Tomahawk Roller)

Discraft "Z" Crush 169 (Sidearm Driver)

Discraft "Z" Nuke 169 (Backhand Driver)
Discraft "ESP" Nuke 174 (Backhand Driver)

Innova "Blizzard" Katana 138 (Tailwind and No Wind distance Driver)
Innova "Blizzard" Katana 157 (Driver)

I just started playing again (4 months ago) after not touching a disc in ten years since I was fifteen. I can throw all my drivers 300-325 ft (I have not used my lightweight katana yet) wanted to see what everyone thought of my setup I am just trying to get a good disc lineup and play with it like that for a while so my discs will start to grow on me. MVP axis is the only midrange that i can throw consistently. Just started throwing back vs sidearm on most drives about 6 weeks ago. I was throwing all sidearm till i started getting a sore elbow. I would like to know what overlap I may have or what I should possibly take out of rotation. I do not carry any more discs than than this lineup. I can sidearm drive 300-325 Feet as well as backhand in that same range I think my backhand may need better form since i am barley out driving my sidearm discs. I picked up a lighter weight Katana to try and improve my form. Any help would be appreciated. I am playing Seymour Smith in Omaha Nebraska with my scores usually falling in the 2-7 over par playing all 3s. I have been working on my short-game in Plattsmouth Nebraska 9 hole. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Lance

Sounds like you have an arm like mine.I'm almost 100% backhand though.

I think the Nukes may be too much for your arm to handle at the moment.Maybe you could try out the Innova Valkyrie or the Innova Beast.I've even heard that the Discraft Avenger SS is a good disc for non big arms.I felt one of these the other day and it does have a good comfortable rim.

These two drivers are pretty neutral and work really well with the Hyzer-Flip.Since I don't have a big arm I Hyzer-Flip to get big distances when need to go over 400ft.The Hyzer-Flip is a good thing to know how to do.

The Putters seem to be pretty good.Maybe if you would want something overstable you could try out a Innova Pig or a Discraft Zone.Personally I Prefer the zone.I despise the thumbtrac on a Ryhno and Pig.

I would get a Stable to Overstable Midange to go along with your Axis.Discraft Buzzz or Wasp.A Innova Roc would work well too.

If you want to check my set-up out here it is.Maybe we share some similarities in throwing styles and a similar set-up might work for you.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1522712&postcount=18

Latest posts