• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

my bag

MadChuck

Vitals
Sex: male
Right-handed
RHBH, very limited OH & RHFH
Putter 175'/??? Mid 200'/225' driver 250'/300'

Putters:
R-pro Dart 171 main Putter seasoned
Dx Dart 170 new trying out as an approach Putter.

Mids:
Star Mako hard annies, use a few times a round. Great for recovery shots that have to shape around and through trees.
Z Buzzz main mid very straight slight fade.
Z Buzzz SS dead straight no fade.
ESP Buzzz new pulled a Crystal Buzzz to make room for this. Initial thoughts are that it is a slightly shorter of my main Z Buzzz.

Drivers fairway & distance:
Pro Leopard 167 use for tight shots and anny drives.
CE Leopard 175 not used as often. Thought was for windy days.
CE Valkyrie 167 beat in, flies straight with no fade. Main driver until I got my River. Still the fallback when want distance and the terrain keeps the river in the bag.
CE Valkyrie 158 new, a little more distance hopefully.
Opto River 168 main driver in open areas tends to drift right and then S back. Beautiful clear Swedish plastic, scared to death of losing it. So I scope surroundings before pulling it out.
GL Flow 171 overstable newer nice glide takes more room to work than I'm used to though. Working on releasing the slight anny to get the "s". Not consistent enough for me yet. Head winds? Don't experience enough to play around with this. But this is beefier than other discs in my bag.
DX Archangel 169 new flies straight with fade.
Z XL 167 new straight.

I pulled a CE Beast, CE Wraith, Z Surge SS, and a Crystal Buzzz to make room for the "new". The closest thing to a meathook is the flow now that the Wraith is out of my bag. My midrange game is my strength though. Very consistent and close to the pin. Just starting to play with using my putter as a short approach. Weakest/least consistent part of my game putts past the normal putt throw range. I do not jump putt. Main question on my bag is do I have too much overlap? Most of my discs have similar flight paths with comparable distances but for the most part everything that isn't new gets used in certain situations.

You have nothing that covers the OS mid/putter dept. It's only an issue if you feel a gap there. I like having an OS putter for up shots and tricky shots around obstacles near the basket.

The mako is a great anny disc, but can it not cover straight shots as well or do you just prefer the buzz?

The Mako does fly straight in the field for me but the Buzzz is more comfortable on longer approaches. I primarily use my Mako for short more severe annies. I use it strictly for these shots though and use Buzzz's for everything else.

If you are liking the Lat 64 stuff the Sinus would be a great OS tweener disc for your bag. Its a fast putter that is great for windy putts and upshots. Or you could try a Zone from Discraft. Other than the Overstable Mid/Putter the bag looks good.