• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My best putter is ...

Up close I'm best with a DX Aviar (with a sexy southern belle on it!:p). 50ft and out I putt with a nice new KC Pro Aviar. With those two I can pull off pretty much anything.

Gotta go with the medium Proton Ion. Can't explain exactly why, but regular putts seem easier, and have been making many more 40-50ft putts as well. Over the past few years I've gone through a Lightning Rubber Putter, DX Aviar, R-Pro Rhyno, Champion Rhyno, Neutron Anode, but finally landed my putter with the Ion.

Best plastic for me is Discraft's Elite-x Soft plastic, it is heavenly. I prefer a soft semi-bendable putter and something that grabs chains so when i first tried this I was hooked. That being said my go to putter inside 50 ft is a Putt'r x (bring on the hate), and anything further is my Focus x, both putters are black and i have doubles. So obsessed with the plastic I also have a challenger I don't care for (too light) and have a soft magnet on the way can't wait to try it out.

My best putter is the blue disc in this picture:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/group.php?do=picture&groupid=353&pictureid=15683
It's an old fairly firm JK Aviar.Sorta DX like with lots of putts on it. When it was new it was triple-stamped with a P&A, JK and a Morris (college i guess) stamp. The stamps are mostly worn off now.

Honorable mention has to go out to my 'competition putters':
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1677&pictureid=15465
These are DX BB Aviars. For me it's gotten to the point where practice games are as fun as rounds and I play my practice games with these.

Sorry I don't have pictures of my spike hyzer aviars.

I putt with a white 3x JK Aviar X that I've used for 10+ years. It no longer has any bead on it whatsoever. I also carry a yellow 3x JK Aviar that is worn but considerably less beat for flick and hyzer putts. I've got a healthy back up stash if either of the two I currently carry decide to break.

I kinda get how to throw an Aviar now - I like it better than the Shark now

Dart_Star_Standard.jpg