• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My First Attempts

So here is the latest one ive done. 11x Champ Teebird

Cameraiphone016.jpg

Ive been unable to work on anything for the past few weeks but i was able to push this one through tonight... Fresh out the dye... Im actually waiting for the dye to cool back down as I type this... I did get one bleed, and while its aggravating me now... the rest of the dye makes up for it.

thanks guys... and no you dont see the bleed... it got cut off at the top of the picture... and its just a blurring of the line along the crest... its not noticable from a distance... but at arms length you can see it

Finally some new ones

Wow its been quite a while since ive been able to dye. School/work/applying to med school has taken a lot out of my free time.

But ive been able to start getting back into dye-ing again and here are my three latest. I have a few more in the pipeline that I really want to get out soon.

This one is my baby: Star Eagle
Cameraiphone023.jpg

Blue and Clear Stained Glass: Rogue (Had to go blue and white for my UK WILDCATS!!!!)
Cameraiphone024.jpg

Heart: Star Aviar
Cameraiphone022.jpg

My mom is a nurse in the cardiology dept. As you may realize I have done a disc for each member of my family since we do like to go and play together when I make the trip home. I thought everyone having their own indiviualized disc would be really cool. Her b-day just came around so now the set is complete. The line around the outside is an ECG trace. If you want something hard to try and dye on a disc, try that. That border took longer and was harder than any other disc ive done to date

Thank you, its nice to know there are others out there too. If you ever find "Russ" out here on the forums he lives in louisville but knows which school is really the best! and he also has some pretty sweet dyes. Seen them in person they are really nice.

OOOOHHHHHHH.... C... A... T... S... CATS CATS CATS!!!

Nice Cross Canadian disc lol. It kinda surprised me to see a dye for them on here!

Boys from Oklahoma cracks me up every time:)

One real quick one I pushed through... Also my first one to be commissioned for someone else and not just for myself... This one is for a good friend of mine... And he picked a good team to want on a disc: Star Cro

Cameraiphone.jpg

So, I didnt know about the hell rainbow stamps will give you. I scrubbed on that thing for a good ten minutes... and you can still see the understamp pretty clearly

ewwwwwwwwww... I can smell the cheese from here. ;)

it is a really nice dye though, despite the stomach churning colors. GO BEARS! :D

8-bit Nintendo Love

Pushed one really fun one through tonight. Growing up I loved the koopa troopers. Dont ask me why. They were always my favorite Mario characters. Even today, I play as the koopa in any game where I can (Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc)

As for the background, well that was an accident that turned out ok. Apparently if you forget to turn the heat down on the dye once youve got it to the desired temperature, and therefore let it get to a rolling boil, at some point the vinyl turns semi-permeable even though it is still preventing alot of color from being dyed. This happened when I was dying the yellow shading of the troopers. Oh well, it reminds me of the desert levels so Im still pretty happy with it.

8-bit Koopa Trooper: Star Leopard
Cameraiphone025.jpg

I would love if i could get a copy of the stencil for those ying yang dragons, they are sick! I would even put your sig over the white part if u give me a copy of it and maybe i could point some ppl your way who would be interested in getting that pattern. :)

all of my work is by hand... i refuse to use those plotter things... they may turn out cleaner but they are less personalized in my opinion... im way more attached to things i do myself and not have someone(thing) else do the hard work for me... so if youre looking for the vector art i simply dont have it... but if youre looking for the image itself then shoot me a PM with your email and ill send it to you... i have it in word so its easy to print out and trace

and as a disclaimer... i have nothing against plotters or those of us dyers who use them... they turn out some pretty amazing stuff... and with detail im not capable of... but i actually really enjoy the process of cutting and weeding... i guess that comes with being a stubborn, have to do it myself come hell or high water kind of guy lol

Yea all i want is the stencil. Im a poor boy without a plotter lol and dont care if it takes me a day to hand cut out that design. I just love it. :D