• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

my first league experience

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
Just wrapped up my first league a few weeks ago. It had 4 divisions 1-4 with 4 being the lowest. When initially joing the league they asked me what i score in a typical round at the course counting each whole as a par 3. Wasnt real sure but said prob 5 over. They said you should be level 2. I gladly signed up and my 11 week average was 59.25 (+5). Well we had alot of trouble with people sandbagging so they made a score guideline per division. 54 and under level 1. 54-59 level 2. 60-69 level 3 and 69+ level 4. So i go in to register last night and ive got bumped down to level 3. Thenright before we started they talked about scoring and they used me as an example of someone who was playing over their head and got moved down lol. I can still move up if i want but my wife sais i should stay in level 3 and win it. Their is a part of me who is pissed at the way they handled it. Makes me wantbto stay in level 3 and try to win it. My scores from the beginning of last season to the end got much better. Im better that my 5.25 average from last season suggests.

Question is should i move up to level 2? I have no chance of winning it but i will finish middle of the pack or should i say F it and try to win level 3. Gotta say i feel a level of motivation i lacked last season since i knew i couldnt win. Some nights i was just going through the motions.

Thoughts.

Foryot to mention i have been playing for a year and the "course" par is a 62 (soft 62 at that) and league par is a 54.

Last edited:
Play 3, win it and move to 2 next time. If you don't win 3, you'll have been at the right level. I am a Pro Player in a Rec body...

In this sport, the most fun wins. Play in whichever division has the most fun. :)

If your definition of fun is playing against people who are better than you, then go for #1 or #2. You will probably learn a lot from watching and competing against better players.

league

You still play with a mix of everyone from all the divisions. I guess i just dont take it that seriouse. Ive played in 3 tournaments this summer and played better than i do when im out with my buddies playing.i think sometimes i goof off unless there is something on the line. Im thinking im going to stay in 3 and make a run at it. My wife won the womens division easily and will again im sure. Would be kinda cool if we both won this season. In all honesty i feel like i have a chip on my shoulder and it makes me want to be better.

Hey gary,

I've seen you play and I'd have to say that you are definitely good enough to play level 2. It's kinda stupid that they would move you to level 3 knowing that the last part of league play you were shooting near par. Although I wouldn't take it as a slight for them to move you to level 3 keeping in mind the level of organization(or disorganization) that our league is ran. But its really a matter of personal preference. Hell, I see nothing wrong with you playing level 1 if that is what you want. I would actually prefer you to play level 2 because then I might have a chance of winning level 3.

Hey gary,

I've seen you play and I'd have to say that you are definitely good enough to play level 2. It's kinda stupid that they would move you to level 3 knowing that the last part of league play you were shooting near par. Although I wouldn't take it as a slight for them to move you to level 3 keeping in mind the level of organization(or disorganization) that our league is ran. But its really a matter of personal preference. Hell, I see nothing wrong with you playing level 1 if that is what you want. I would actually prefer you to play level 2 because then I might have a chance of winning level 3.

/\ This is the definition of PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE...Awesome.
THEY are against you, but not ME...Classic
Teach THEM a lesson, while benefiting ME...
YOU are way better...great stuff

This dude is messing with your skull pudding, man...don't let him.

For really reals as the above smart people said, do what you think is FUNNER...:thmbup:

/\ This is the definition of PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE...Awesome.
THEY are against you, but not ME...Classic
Teach THEM a lesson, while benefiting ME...
YOU are way better...great stuff

This dude is messing with your skull pudding, man...don't let him.

For really reals as the above smart people said, do what you think is FUNNER...:thmbup:

Thats exactly what im doing lol. I like the guys that head it up. But it has motivated me to become better and thats how im going to use it lol. Hey mountain man who are you lol. Pm me.

Latest posts