• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Personal ITB

dbrodeanu

Bogey Member
Hello,

I was told to make on of these to keep track of my bag and how it changes overtime.

Here is what the current bag looks like and I would imagine it will change quit a lot as I get back into the sport.

DISTANCE DRIVERS:

- X Line Avenger SS x1
- Star Sidewinder x1
- GStar Valkyrie x1

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:

- Leopard x2 (received from the Innova starter set)

MID-RANGE DRIVERS:

- Shark x2 (received from the Innova starter set)

PUTTERS:

- XD Putter x2 (170g and 175g discs)

Anyways, that's the bag at the moment.

I do have a old Tee-Bird as well however, a large chunk was taken out of it on rim of the disc. Unsure if it would still fly well.

Cheers!

UPDATE:

Removed the Sharks and the Leopards out of the bag and replaced them with the Tee-Bird.

Will be looking to add a mid-range that is around the 165-170 range - possibly a Roc3, Maco3 or both.

UPDATE:

New discs added to the bag will be in BOLD
Discs removed from the bag will have a S̶T̶R̶I̶K̶E̶ through it

DISTANCE DRIVERS:

- X Line Avenger SS x1
- Star Sidewinder x1
- GStar Valkyrie x1
- Star XCaliber x1
- Star Destroyer x1
- Star Wraith x1
- Star Valkyrie x1
- Star Firebird x1
- Star Roadrunner x1

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:

- L̶e̶o̶p̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶x̶2̶ ̶(̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶I̶n̶n̶o̶v̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶)̶
- Star Teebird x1

*Looking to add more fairways however, didn't have a FD leopard for sale in Star*

MID-RANGE DRIVERS:

- S̶h̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶x̶2̶ ̶(̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶I̶n̶n̶o̶v̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶)̶
- Star Roc3 x1
- Star Mako3 x1

PUTTERS:

- DX XD x1
- DX XD+ x1

Anyways, excited to see how this updated bag does for the summer!

Cheers!

If you need a fairway to pair with your Teebird and are looking for something in Star plastic you may look into a Leopard3. If you liked the Leopard a Pro Leopard is a good option too.

UPDATE:

New discs added to the bag will be in BOLD
Discs removed from the bag will have a S̶T̶R̶I̶K̶E̶ through it

DISTANCE DRIVERS:

- X̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶A̶v̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶x̶1̶
- Star Sidewinder x1
- G̶S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶V̶a̶l̶k̶y̶r̶i̶e̶ ̶x̶1̶
- Star XCaliber x1
- S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶D̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶x̶1̶
- Star Wraith x1
- Star Valkyrie x1
- Star Firebird x1
- Star Roadrunner x1
- Star Invictus x1

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:

- Star Teebird x1

*Looking to add more fairways however, didn't have a FD leopard for sale in Star*

MID-RANGE DRIVERS:

- Star Roc3 x1
- Star Mako3 x1

PUTTERS:

- DX XD x1
- DX XD+ x1

Update on the final bag for the Summer months for Disc Golf.

Had to remove the Destroyer as the dome was warped and collapsed when I got it, if I can fix it, I will add it back.

I also did pick up an Invictus for a nice 10 speed disc that I was missing in the bag and wanted to try.

Will continue to keep an eye out on Innova's FDs to see if I can add more discs to try in the future (hopefully Fairways).

Disc Golf Course: ROCKWOOD

Played one round of 9 holes at this course before it became to crowded for anymore runs.

USED:

- Star Firebird
- Star Valkyrie
- Star Sidewinder
- Star Mako3
- DX XD+ Putter

Did pretty well with the new discs and managed a +1 on the course, which I am pretty happy for this course.

You seem to be a newer player to the game, which is great, but may I make a few suggestions?

First thing I would do is go to an open field (soccer/baseball/whatever) and throw all your discs that you bag at max power. See which one's fly the furthest and which ones you're able to control the best. I'm willing to bet that your discs like your Wraith, Destroyer, and Xcalibur aren't going to give you your most distance and they're just going to hyzer out super quickly and spike to the ground.

I would take anything 10+ speed out of your bag and throw more fairway drivers (7 to 9 speed) and even some midranges.

I see you have a Teebird, that's great. Maybe try a premium plastic Leopard/Leopard 3, Essence, FD, Mantis, or Stalker.

As for midranges, you can't go wrong with a Buzz or Roc. I'd also suggest something like the Origin or a Fuse that's a little on the understable side.

Disc Golf Course: ROCKWOOD

Played one round of 27 holes (3 rounds) of the course just to enjoy some fresh air and get some practice in.

USED:

- Star Firebird
- Star Valkyrie
- Star Sidewinder
- Star Roadrunner
- Star Mako3
- Star Roc3
- Star Teebird
- DX XD+ Putter

Great day of disc golf. Definitely will player later in the evening as it is much more relaxed and less crowded.