• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My simple bag for 2019

wadpe

Par Member
I have played since last summer 2018. I have pretty much the same discs as last year but my Idea is to limit myself to as few discs, then maybe replace the molds with new, stable to have spare ones with different stabilities. I prefer discmania's discs but I also like l64, especially their opto-plastic.

Skill level: beginner
Throwing style: mainly RHBH
Distance with backhand: Avg 300 | MAX 350 maybe 400 at best

Putters:
S-line P2 175g - putts and stable aprouches, against wind, also sidearm(requires hyzer).
D-line P1 - for throwing straigh hyzerflips or turns, little beatin.

Mids:
MS Aurora 171 - pretty straight, fades back a little bit.
D-line MD1 177 - A bit beat-in, but has enough stability to go further when thrown hard.

Drivers:
S-line FD 170 - Ideal for my armspeed, great for different angles and straight shots. Favorite disc.
D-line Sidewinder 175 - Very beat-in, I only use this to ensure anhyzer throw. Also does roll if thrown flat.
Innova Savant 175 - This works really nice for forehands, seems really stable. I could trust this woth winds. It has champion-type plastic
Champ Firebird 175 - I struggle to throw this far but I use it for aprouches that dump heavily in hyzer.

Distance driver(s)
S-line ddx - 170 works really good for my armspeed, I can get slight turn out of this but don't have to fear turning it too much.

There's that, at local course I think I will mostly use the DDX and FD for my tee-shots. I have a few extra discs that are not quite as suited for me. Especially that domey 175g Star Destroyer which is simply too beefy for me. There's also some that could act similarly to the fairways but would create some overlap. There's some holes where I lost discs like Roc3 and Opto Bolt, but I will see if I will buy new ones for those.

So far I have found what usually works for me, but do you have any suggestions? I don't use midranges so much so I would like to maybe try different brand midranges.

Since you like Discmania and it seems you also like baseline plastic I think you should try out a P-Line MD4. It will have some nice stability for fighting the wind and I think they are going to be great for cycling.

I have considered an MD4 before, it looked really tasty in Metal Flake-plastic (for the looks ast least). Is the P-line plastic hard or soft? I like the soft one especially but the rigid one is ok too.

I have considered an MD4 before, it looked really tasty in Metal Flake-plastic (for the looks ast least). Is the P-line plastic hard or soft? I like the soft one especially but the rigid one is ok too.

It is a stiff P-Line. I'm hoping they release a Driver P-Line at some point, or maybe a soft S-Line. MF MD4 is very nice, I am paring it with the P-Lines so I can get a cycle going, but still have that extra OS for when the winds kick up.

Your bag looks good.

I might suggest maybe something like a Banshee as an overstable utility disc that you can also rip into the wind. See if it does as well or better than your Firebird.

If you aren't playing heavily wooded courses, try a DX Firebird for drives that need to hyzer.

If you aren't playing heavily wooded courses, try a DX Firebird for drives that need to hyzer.

Hmm seems like an interesting, unusual choice. Would be interesting to experiment with a beat-in DX firebird- as my experience with the champion ones are that they are really OS and don't really change their stability from their flight.

SD86 said:
I might suggest maybe something like a Banshee as an overstable utility disc that you can also rip into the wind. See if it does as well or better than your Firebird.
I have been looking for a EXP-X from Millennium as on overhand disc. I have also considered a flat-top Firebird, as I previously owned a pre-flightnumbers flat-top 12x Firebird. My current one has some dome, but it has been working nicely so far.

Brockness Monster said:
It is a stiff P-Line. I'm hoping they release a Driver P-Line at some point, or maybe a soft S-Line. MF MD4 is very nice, I am paring it with the P-Lines so I can get a cycle going, but still have that extra OS for when the winds kick up.
The MF MD4 looks awesome but so far I don't really need it, I already have bunch of discs to learn. I prefer a S-P2 or a firebird for upshots. I feel that I am little bit rusty starting of this year but I found a way to simplify my form, by just focusing on the reachback. I mostly throw a walking 3step x-step or just a standstill. So far The discs work for me really nice for my power, and my control for angles is really nice, I got better scores today.

Keep having fun guys:thmbup:

I shot few rounds at a local course couple days ago. First day I got a new personal record, but besides that it didn't do too well. I had troubles with my backhand as it felt really inconsistent. I feel like I need to rework on my technique again.

My average drives are about 280ft and 300 at best, I've been stuck in that distance for a while. I think I have been throwing for half a year now and I have sticked to that distance for a while, but I would like to have power to throw 300ft with a midrange for example. My forehand has been really good lately but my forehand is 280ft at max so I just use it for short aprouches, I can rip a flex but it's not going to be as accurate.

I think I am struggling with having simple too many molds at the time. Especially with midranges, they don't get much use when I usually aprouch with my putter and from the Tee I usually go for a driver. Here's what I got:

S-line P2 - For short game this is my favorite. I like to putt with this also.

S-line FD - I should use this more since I can get this up to same distance with "fast" drivers, since it's easier to control having less fade.

DX Sidewinder - This has been my goto for anhyzers but it is really flippy right now. In a good day I can flip this from a hyzer to hold the anhyzers but so far I have been struggling with it.

S-line DDX - This disc is pretty optimal for my armspeed. It turns slightly but also has pretty strong fade so it goes fairly straight.

These I left out or I only use in a wind:

Innova Savant - I lost my champ teebird so I use this in it's place and but it feels too stable.

Champ Firebird - I rarely use this but I might go for it in a wind when I need a short aprouch.

Star Destroyer - yeah gotta own one of these. but it's too beefy if I don't want to hyzer the throw in the end.

Star Sidewinder - I bought this to have a flippy driver as the DX sidewinder does wear out quickly, so if it could hold it's stability for longer. It is too stable for that tho, it feels like it is more stable than my fast drivers.

Star Valkyrie - this was my goto before but it requires a good backhand which I don't have every day.

I have two midranges that work pretty straight for me, but I don't really use them much.

Someone who has had similar issues can you please give me tips on how I could throw better. Maybe just focus on a few discs at times?

I threw two rounds yesterday at our 9 hole course. There were couple good shots but nothing special, just experimented with different shots so not everything went perfect.

These discs are my main throwers:

Star Sidewinder 170 - This is almost brand new so it has some fade. I can get this to turn but with my power it will mostly fade back, giving that nice straight S-flight. Maybe with a slight headwind I got this turned over once or twice but it's work in progress.

S-line DDX 170 - This is slightly beat-in and works similarly to the sidewinder, but with the wider rim it skips little bit more. Even tho it is listed as |12|6|-1|2| it is probably understable for people with more armspeed. For me it works as a straight this, I can always trust it to fade back after that slight turnover.

S-line P2 - It goes pretty straight if I throw it, it has some stability left in it. Useful for short shots that need to go straight.

What else I carry and might throw:

S-line FD 170 - Still pretty new, goes pretty straight but definetly is not too understable for me. This disc should see more usage.

Aurora MS 171 - straight midrange, it has some stability left in it. I should throw this way more often for shorter shots.

Struggling with the 280-300ft distance as usual but yesterday after warmup I practiced drives and I could drive over 300ft consistently and I maxed at 320 with couple shots, so I was definetly gaining some consistency in my throws. Looking for more distance so I could utilise more stable discs for my throws.

No new additions to my bag so far but I might see a new disc this year. :popcorn:

Latest posts