• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My upcoming roadtrip WI, IL, MO, AR, TX, OK, KS, IA

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I have a tentative trip setup right now 17 days long (Starting about January 6th) including overnights in these cities or surrounding areas:

Day 1: Milwaukee to Springfield, MO (Get as much driving in the snow out of the way, but we will play along the way if weather permits)

Day 2: Springfield, MO to Fayetteville, AR for a family visit if the family will be around or Tulsa, OK

Day 3: Tulsa or Fayetteville to Dallas (on the east side somewhere).

Day 4: Dallas to Houston (Through Tyler Nacogdoches Lufkin and Huntsville)

Day 5: Houston to Galveston

Day 6: Galveston to Corpus Christi

Day 7, 8: Corpus Christi to San Antonio

Day 9, 10: San Antonio to Austin

Day 11: Austin to Ft. Worth

Day 12: Ft. Worth to Oklahoma City

Day 13: Oklahoma City to Kansas City

Day 14, 15: Kansas City to Norway, IA (to visit Grandma)

Day 16: Norway, IA to Belvidere, IL (to visit a college buddy)

Day 17: Belvidere, IL to Milwaukee

Allright everyone . . . who is on these routes and wants to get together for a round. I would prefer it be in any of the cities I am staying overnight as meeting up during midday travel will be a hassle for all involved because we will never know how travel is going, or how our stops will alter our timelines. I just know I will be playing every morning I wake up early, then back to the hotel to pick up my wife and head out to adventure a bit, play some courses in that city we stayed, and then head to the next destination. I look to play a minimum of 2-3 courses per day, I would prefer the best in the area, but would play anywhere really!

Who wants in?

:eek:

Jukeshoe: <----Green with envy.

Safe trip and good discin', Harr! :)

Have an awesome trip, looks like it should be lots of new places for you and some better weather. :thmbup:

This is the roadtrip with my wife and I very well may take a 7 day trip myself to play a bunch too. I havent decided where that will be though and it will depend ont he weather of course. I could definitely seeing my hitting up houston or austin or dallas for an entire week and just playing every course in the city.

I have some work to do to catch up to mashnut, but I have all but given up hope to keep pace with him!!!

Hey, a couple good trips and you're not too far off. I have one trip planned for next week but otherwise I won't hit too many new ones until things thaw out a little. I never thought I'd catch you at the beginning of the year, but I manged it. Your turn :p

I really need to get out to some new courses, I might just travel to Fayetteville to play with ya.

Any chance of bringing the clubs too? I always love a round of disc golf followed by a round of ball golf :thmbup:

I want in so I can scratch my huge Texas wishlist itch. But 17 days when you're not a seasonal landscaper is tough, let me restate, impossible.

I'll share my Texas wishlist with you, in effort to live vicariously...

Austin, TX Austin Ridge Bible Church
Grapevine, TX Bear Creek
Crowley, TX Bicentennial DGC
Waco, TX Brazos Park East
Austin, TX Circle C Metro Park @ Slaughter Creek
Wimberley, TX Circle R - Circ Hill DGC
Wimberley, TX Circle R - Rolling Meadow DGC
Manor, TX East Metro Park
Rockwall, TX Harry Myers DGC
Lewisville, TX Lake Lewisville Park
Cedar Hill, TX Lester Lorch Park - Beaver DGC
Cedar Hill, TX Lester Lorch Park - Coyote DGC
Austin, TX MetCenter DGC
Huntsville, TX Shawshank
Spring, TX Spring Valley DGC
Grand Prairie, TX Turner Park
Waco, TX William Cameron Park
Leander, TX Williamson County DGC
Fort Worth, TX Z-Boaz Park

Harr, I know you're from a cold weather state, but you're hardcore taking a road trip this time of year. Thankfully this area is forecast to have a dry winter.

Day 13: Oklahoma City to Kansas City
You'll pass within an hour of me on this day. I can potentially make the trip down to Wichita, but it will depend on the day of the week and time you'd be coming in. A Tuesday will work best, but so can a Monday afternoon or Wednesday morning. I can give you a tour of Herman Hill or Oak.

From Oklahoma City to Norway, IA, these would be my recommendations that are sort of close to the interstate. Obviously you're not going to have time for all of them.

Norman, OK (just south of OKC) - Griffin Park
Oklahoma City, OK - Dolese Youth Park
Wichita, KS - Herman Hill Park
Emporia, KS - Jones Youth Park (2 courses)
Kansas City, KS - Rosedale Park (2 courses)
Kansas City, MO - Water Works Park, Cliff Drive
Lamoni, IA - Graceland University, J & B Rolling Hills
Indianola, IA (just south of Des Moines)- Pickard Park
Des Moines, IA - Ewing Park, Grandview Park
Colfax, IA - Lewis Club Park
Urbana, IA - Wildcat Bluff

Spring Valley is great, but you might also want to put Windwood Church on your list. The pictures don't do it justice. Its one of the best new courses we have in Houston, and its one of my favorite places to play.

I will be happy to show you around either course. Just pm me your information and what time you might be coming through town.

Also if you want a real challenge, you gotta check out "Cedar Hills" in Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, TX. Its the toughest course I have ever played. Whips my ass every time. Make sure you find a guide for that one, its tricky. Also, the "Gulf Meadows" course is on the other side of the park, and Hitchcock is only 10 miles from Galveston. At Jack Brooks you get two courses in one park. A fun course, and a very tough course.

Drop me an e-mail when you near Houston and I can guide you though some courses.

Harr, hit up the Lodge in Pawhuska OK. I was just there last week. Great people running the place and two courses. At least 3.5s.

Its good to see that Texas is having a good showing on your thread...its a great DG state. Drop me a line while in houston and i could probably meet for one of those early morning rounds

On your way into houston I would highly suggest Shawshank in Huntsville, TX - its a great experience(and a great course too). Also, if you can get off the beaten path in Arkansas i would not pass up chance to play Horseshoe Canyon Ranch.

I'll be floating around the Austin/San Antonio area around the same time as you. Keep me posted!! I'm gonna do the major part of my drive down to escape the snow covered teepads..

I live in San Antonio and know all the courses here, including Live Oak and Universal City. Hit me up, we'll hit up my town.

Having just returned from a trip to San Antonio this past thanksgiving, Live Oak is the no-brainer of the area.

Latest posts