• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mystere love thread

Jules B

Par Member
Who out there is throwing them and do you love them. I found one at a local course and threw it and it is indescribably good, so I found a few locally from people that got them in player packs.

It feels like a more controllable Tern/Destroyer that goes further with less effort with the 6 glide. Crazy part the first throw was one of my best drives but a lot of people that have them around me don't bag them, and were happy to trade or sell them.

They are PDGA approved, just not released for sell other than in a few tournament player packs.

Can't find one at a decent price. I'll let you know how I like them if they are ever released.

Can't find one at a decent price. I'll let you know how I like them if they are ever released.

Crazy thing, I looked on ebay, I found 1... it happened to be for sale in my home town (Not a super huge city) I bid $30, and lost the auction last night.

Went to the club handicap match today and walked away with 2 brand NEW for $10 and a future trade with others being open for sell.

A kid (jr golfer) told me he had one because I had asked. He wanted $8 I gave him $10

I'm almost positive my 2 star destroyers will come out the bag, or only come out for hyzer bombs or something. I can consistently out drive my Destroyers with the Mystere, even my lighter weight destroyer.

I will say the Mystere don't have that hard fade at the end. They fly straight for me and for a stronger arm they fly straight, and will flip slightly right and then hold that slow right until the end of its flight.

I was hyped when I first heard about this mold. The flight ratings were supposed to be 11/6/-2/2? Like a speed 11 Tern. Sounded incredible. Terns are too fast for me and the rim is too thin to get a consistent grip. I wonder why this hasn't been released yet.

I was hyped when I first heard about this mold. The flight ratings were supposed to be 11/6/-2/2? Like a speed 11 Tern. Sounded incredible. Terns are too fast for me and the rim is too thin to get a consistent grip. I wonder why this hasn't been released yet.

I'm suspecting it'll be coming along fairly soon. They've saturated us with McAviars, and the Star Stud, Mirage, and Colossus are on the way (as are Star minis). So maybe the Mystere is next?

I'm definitely looking forward to the Mystere.

I bet the big mystery reveal is that the Mystere is just a discmania DDx

I bought a Tern yesterday for that exact reason, I couldn't find a Mystere. To offset the speed 12 I bought a very light weight champ. I think the weight is 162. I can Honestly say I can have been getting amazing drives with the Tern, but the Mystere is just easier to throw with less effort even at 173. Also despite the numbers being practically equal except for speed. I find the Tern fades harder while the Mystere (I've thrown 3) flies more 11/6/0/1 to me.

Could just be my arm speed though as a stronger arm threw one of mine, it flew a good 150+ straight and flipped slight anny held it another 100 feet or so and had that 1 fade. landed about 10ft from the basket on the right side. I threw at the same hole it flew straight and flat, that 1 fade and landed about 10ft on the left side of the basket.

I think its going to be a game changer for people with a smaller arm, or people that are building to the higher speed disk. Honestly, I don't think I really will need a higher speed driver than this one. Maybe a fresh to go straight, a beat to hyzer flip/ understable and destroyer or esp surge for the overstable holes.. (or forehand the beat mystere)

I bought a Tern yesterday for that exact reason, I couldn't find a Mystere. To offset the speed 12 I bought a very light weight champ. I think the weight is 162. I can Honestly say I can have been getting amazing drives with the Tern, but the Mystere is just easier to throw with less effort even at 173. Also despite the numbers being practically equal except for speed. I find the Tern fades harder while the Mystere (I've thrown 3) flies more 11/6/0/1 to me.

Could just be my arm speed though as a stronger arm threw one of mine, it flew a good 150+ straight and flipped slight anny held it another 100 feet or so and had that 1 fade. landed about 10ft from the basket on the right side. I threw at the same hole it flew straight and flat, that 1 fade and landed about 10ft on the left side of the basket.

I think its going to be a game changer for people with a smaller arm, or people that are building to the higher speed disk. Honestly, I don't think I really will need a higher speed driver than this one. Maybe a fresh to go straight, a beat to hyzer flip/ understable and destroyer or esp surge for the overstable holes.. (or forehand the beat mystere)

What about the Beast? That seems like it could work in champion plastic

Not sure what to think about the Beast now. That name is sitting in a 're-tooled' realm where I'm not sure how they're supposed to fly anymore.

Threw a champion beast yesterday, the older Barry and I had a Dx the Mystere flys longer. I guess the best way I can explain it would be a lighter weight champ beast with the glide of the dynamic Disc escape.

According to a fairly reliable source, there are no immediate plans for a production run. Innova is using it as a CFR only mold.

According to a fairly reliable source, there are no immediate plans for a production run. Innova is using it as a CFR only mold.

Don't they always make it to a production run at some point? Is thetherny cfr exclusive mold in the lineup?

Thanks for the info.

IMHO, it's only a matter of time. First, Mr. Dave Dunipace said in his AMA video that he had a lot of idea but that his partners are (in so many words) keeping him to a measured pace. My impression of that was that Innova has a lot of things going on, but can only do so much at a time, and so they are prioritizing what they do.

Partly to that, the DDx just came out (as well as the HL Tern), so there's no rush to bring out the Mystere into production. And as I said earlier: they have the VTech mids (Colt, Stud, Mirage) out in Star plastic now, so that's now off the checklist.

And of course, they're building up "want" and "anticipation" in only putting out Mysteres in CFR quantities... and whenever they do put out the Mystere in a production run, it's going to fly off the shelves (pun fully intended).

So, Time will tell, but IMHO it'll eventually happen for us.

The hl tern is just a tern. It's not holding back the mystere...lol

They were saying the same about the leopard 3 at first, and that is now out in production. I have my fingers crossed that both the mystere and savant hit production soon. Great molds and would be even greater to know they are available.