• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mystere love thread

The Archon isn't too far off. Decent high speed turn with reliable fade.

The Mystere just has too much high speed turn and never fades back.

I have found that the Archon (which I have in Star at 159g, Champ and Blizzard, GStar, and Pro) is not as glidey as the Mystere. I would not say the Archon is a "Junior Tern", and the Archon has that Vulcan/Destrulcan top. But the Archon is a very good mold, and I've seen a number of people on my home course (besides me) throwing it. :thmbup:

The Mystere fades back for me in all but strong headwinds. I also don't throw it with the armspeed of Twmccoy, so there's that.

The Mystere has also been touted as a "longer Valkyrie and longer Beast", so there's that...

I feel like both the Beast and Valk have less high speed turn and more low speed fade than the Mystere. Especially if you're talking Beast X. I can hammer on those without flipping them all the way over. Beast Xs are excellent for big flex lines.

I still assert that the closest disc to the Mystere is the Mamba. Very similar flights for me.

Mystere

I put some more throws on a different star Mystere today. 175g.

The thing is exceptionally long for a speed 11 disc. Shallow, blunt rim. Doesn't feel anything like a Wraith when you hold it. I think the Mystere gets downrange way easier than a Wraith too, and definitely glides better.

I'd call the Mystere the "Tern Jr." It looks and feels exactly like a Tern when you hold it.... and flies like one too. This is a disc for downwind bombs or hyzerflip turnovers. I had a few sweeping S curve rips with it that were almost mesmerizing to watch.

I don't really have need for such a disc in my bag, but I still enjoy throwing the Mystere around on a course. This disc is capable of quite a bit. Its one of the longest speed 11 discs I know of and seems like it would work well for lesser powered arms.

I put some more throws on a different star Mystere today. 175g.

The thing is exceptionally long for a speed 11 disc. Shallow, blunt rim. Doesn't feel anything like a Wraith when you hold it. I think the Mystere gets downrange way easier than a Wraith too, and definitely glides better.

I'd call the Mystere the "Tern Jr." It looks and feels exactly like a Tern when you hold it.... and flies like one too. This is a disc for downwind bombs or hyzerflip turnovers. I had a few sweeping S curve rips with it that were almost mesmerizing to watch.

I don't really have need for such a disc in my bag, but I still enjoy throwing the Mystere around on a course. This disc is capable of quite a bit. Its one of the longest speed 11 discs I know of and seems like it would work well for lesser powered arms.

Agree with all this. The Mystere is Tern-"ish" but more comfortable in the hand with its less-wide rim. I definitely recommend the Star Mystere, and suggest the Shimmer Star Mystere be avoided.

Agree with all this. The Mystere is Tern-"ish" but more comfortable in the hand with its less-wide rim. I definitely recommend the Star Mystere, and suggest the Shimmer Star Mystere be avoided.

My other Mystere is a shimmer star. I felt like it was a tad too gummy and it didn't glide as well as regular star.

If I worked with the Mystere more I could really dial it in for understable work. That said, I probably won't ever bag it. I've tried to bag really understable stuff before and always ended up taking it out later because I found it pretty useless on the course.

I do like the disc though and feel Innova created something decent here. Perfect disc for those who want the flight of a Tern, but slightly shorter and with a narrower rim.

I have three Star Mysteres in my bag. All are nicely domed and stiff. The GStar CFRs are way understable (and soft), I had some of those, and they make fine rollers and field distance throwers.

But the the Star versions of the stiff star are very, very predictable and are basically like a longer Leopard or Patriot. Hyzer flip to straight with a little S curve with almost no fade. Anhyzers like a Leopard, just carves around the corner.

I throw my Mysteres and people marvel at how long the straight glide is. It is almost boringly predictable. They don't come out much if the wind is blasting, but neither do my beat Rocs or Leopards/Patiots on those days.

I like the disc, but it is just way too understable. I can throw it with a hyzer and run the risk of a roller. It is great for huge sky hyzer flip to anyzhers or a steep uphill shot.

Latest posts