• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mystere love thread

I can't see why they wouldn't. CFR usually has exclusive mold/plastic combos but not releasing some of these molds would be odd.

I found 2 more yesterday, my brother threw one of mine this weekend. Immediately put it in his bag and said he was hijacking it. I was able to locate a few more locally for backups for both of us. I wish they would release them, I get worried on holes where I know that water is deep because the disc isn't easily replaceable.

How are finding so many?

Apparently a lot of the locals attend a tournament/ fundraiser and it was one of the disc given out. When I asked on the groups facebook page people came out of the woodwork with them. One of the member whole family plays, so he had 4. I have 1 of his, I'm suppose to pick up the others as back up, that will bring my brother and I total to 5. We'll keep 2 in each bag, one as a backup. 1 extra. The one I missed on ebay was also for sale from a local. I guess I just lucked out.

I throw a couple of Terns for distance, one star and one jolly launcher. Both about 167g. The star flips up and then fades beautifully and the champ just goes far and to the left. If you've thrown Terns you know the star is significantly less stable than the champ. How can I expect a Mystere to compare if and when it's released in various plastics for production?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I throw a couple of Terns for distance, one star and one jolly launcher. Both about 167g. The star flips up and then fades beautifully and the champ just goes far and to the left. If you've thrown Terns you know the star is significantly less stable than the champ. How can I expect a Mystere to compare if and when it's released in various plastics for production?

I throw a light weight champ Tern as well as the mystere. The mystere gives about the same distance. It doesn't turn as much (basically flies straight) and it fades less, more of a forward left fade rhbh compared to the Tern's more left hook back fade. To me anyway. It's more reliable than the destroyer for me and requires less effort to get the same distance.

I throw a light weight champ Tern as well as the mystere. The mystere gives about the same distance. It doesn't turn as much (basically flies straight) and it fades less, more of a forward left fade rhbh compared to the Tern's more left hook back fade. To me anyway. It's more reliable than the destroyer for me and requires less effort to get the same distance.
Right on, something to consider. I just love that buttery smooth S-flight and massive glide of the Tern, so reliable.

Mystere

amazing glide. played yesterday and threw my best drive ever on 4 of the 5 that I used the mystere on.

finesse driver, great on low ceiling tight wooded shots. terrible in any headwind, twrrible if overpowered.

love, love, love, the plastic. best gummy champ ever. Feels like old school gummy CE plastic.

amazing glide. played yesterday and threw my best drive ever on 4 of the 5 that I used the mystere on.

finesse driver, great on low ceiling tight wooded shots. terrible in any headwind, twrrible if overpowered.

love, love, love, the plastic. best gummy champ ever. Feels like old school gummy CE plastic.

Agree, Agree, Agree

Personal Mystere review

I got the Mystere as part of a player's pack like has been stated before. when we got the pack, they told us it was only being given out for those tourneys sponsored by Innova. there were only 2 colors, a red/pinkish and a lime greenish color to choose from, all were 173g i believe so there was no difference in any of them. most everyone hated it tbh because they all have "power" arms and would turn it over real quick. this disc was perfect for me because i was looking to replace my worn out archon and the numbers equal it and have 1 more in glide. beautiful disc out of my hand. great feel. i throw LHBH and was looking for something that was long range driver that i could use for longer distances. the only thing i had in my bag at the time was a vulcan and a mamba which are both too understable so this fit right in to the bag. the problem tho is i HAVE to release on an any or it flips. i don't feel like i throw very far. i've maybe only hit 375? with my longest throw. i'm sure they will produce it sooner or later. i pretty much figured this would be the natural replacement to the ever-loved groove lol but one that people will actually like. if you can get your hands on it, and you need something that you can rip on and get a nice turn over shot, go for it!

I bought a Tern yesterday for that exact reason, I couldn't find a Mystere. To offset the speed 12 I bought a very light weight champ. I think the weight is 162. I can Honestly say I can have been getting amazing drives with the Tern, but the Mystere is just easier to throw with less effort even at 173. Also despite the numbers being practically equal except for speed. I find the Tern fades harder while the Mystere (I've thrown 3) flies more 11/6/0/1 to me.

Could just be my arm speed though as a stronger arm threw one of mine, it flew a good 150+ straight and flipped slight anny held it another 100 feet or so and had that 1 fade. landed about 10ft from the basket on the right side. I threw at the same hole it flew straight and flat, that 1 fade and landed about 10ft on the left side of the basket.

I think its going to be a game changer for people with a smaller arm, or people that are building to the higher speed disk. Honestly, I don't think I really will need a higher speed driver than this one. Maybe a fresh to go straight, a beat to hyzer flip/ understable and destroyer or esp surge for the overstable holes.. (or forehand the beat mystere)

Jules, Have you thrown a Latitude 64 Flow? Speed 11 Glide 6 Turn -1 Fade 2 Wondering if it might be similar in flight to the Mystere for you as it's in production and might be easier to find.

Jules, Have you thrown a Latitude 64 Flow? Speed 11 Glide 6 Turn -1 Fade 2 Wondering if it might be similar in flight to the Mystere for you as it's in production and might be easier to find.

No, I haven't yet, I'll check it out. Thanks for the advise.

Sonormcneal I've got the red one and I gave my brother my green Mystere. However, I did play a local league round with someone this weekend that had on in the blue Mystere lol. I thought they only came in the red and green as well.

Bumpety Bump. Disc Golf Center has some Shimmer Star Mysteres (CFRs from Pro Worlds) for sale. I got one at 169g, silver color. Threw it today but it was windy (gusty), so I couldn't get a real good impression of how good it is. I threw it alongside my Valarie Jenkins 4x Star SL. Both being new out of the box, they had a healthy fade and went about the same distance. I'll throw some more this weekend, weather permitting, and see how the Mystere does vs. my Star and Champ Terns.

nice! i still am trying how to fit it in my bag or if its really needed currently. Ill def keep it for a while just to see how it turns out.

on another note, how do you post whats in your bag, below your replies? I can't seem to figure it out and i love reading what everyone throws