• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

n00bs and their discs

That's right. Why do you think they call it the "groove?"

The putting with warp speed just freaks me out. My buddy likes to putt with a Dart, and I think he's nuts.[/QUOTE

Hey easy there, Im gonna get thru this putting slump with my DX darts and then who knows might even get my name on one :) haha but really like one dude said earlier 'its the indian not the arrow'

I remember my days as a noob actually bought a groove :wall: still have it at my house, any ideas on a way to destroy it?

I live in the mtns of WNC and will gladly take it just to chuck it off the Linville Gorge.. even with that things horrid glide I bet I could still flick one a good 800' to a deadly wilderness

I just bought a brand new blurple 175 groove and it is overstable. there's no -2,2 on the flight numbers. its more like 0,3. anyone else have the same expierience. I got it out 250-275 before it started fading but if I put ir on a 30°hyzer it just held the line all the way around and has a huge skip at the end. anyone know if that's what their grooves did?

I've gotten a groove before (I know) that was more like -9 0 instead of -2,2 so they are generally all over the place and terrible. PS My first disc I bought, max weight Wraith. :doh:

I've gotten a groove before (I know) that was more like -9 0 instead of -2,2 so they are generally all over the place and terrible. PS My first disc I bought, max weight Wraith. :doh:

haha. that's awsome. should work out perfect for me then, now that I am putting together an ALL Groove Bag. I think I have 7-8 grooves already purchased in many weights since I decided I wanted my first ace to be a groove ace, so I should be able to get any line I want with one mold!:cool:

I bough a new 168 groove also today at the booth. I have all others ranging from 170-174 g. I just need to find some light weight ones like164-166. anyone have any, pm me, for real.:thmbup:

haha, my first week of playing i used a teerex to putt

That's Funny the Groove I got was more like 0 9 worst disc ever :thmbdown:

haha. that's awsome. should work out perfect for me then, now that I am putting together an ALL Groove Bag. I think I have 7-8 grooves already purchased in many weights since I decided I wanted my first ace to be a groove ace, so I should be able to get any line I want with one mold!:cool:

I bough a new 168 groove also today at the booth. I have all others ranging from 170-174 g. I just need to find some light weight ones like164-166. anyone have any, pm me, for real.:thmbup:

Yeah combine my groove, Bobs DG 12's groove and I don't know, a groove that actually does what it's supposed to (Good luck finding one) and you got all the driving spots covered. That why the groove is an amazing mold, so many discs in one. :clap:

I played with a guy the other day who threw a star boss and and a tye dyed groove. I asked him if he hada putter because I would have given him one. He said he had one but really liked the groove to putt with.

Sounds like these people that like the groove for putting should try a banger gt. Maybe they just like the way it feels for putting instead of the way it putts. I have never thrown either disc, so basically im just pissin in the wind.

Sounds like these people that like the groove for putting should try a banger gt. Maybe they just like the way it feels for putting instead of the way it putts. I have never thrown either disc, so basically im just pissin in the wind.

sounds legit

haha, my first week of playing i used a teerex to putt

I played with a guy who occasionally putted with an Xcalibur, inside of like 5 feet.

He claimed he'd never ever missed a putt with it, even though he only used it within arms reach of the basket.

There is a local here that has been playing for probably 15+ years, throws 450'+, and I have seen him set a course record. Watched him putt with a brand new Z Force. He doesn't always use it but when his putting gets off he just grabs a more stable disc, puts a huge anny angle on it and throws it really hard. Seen him hit longer putts with it and also had huge comebacks because of it... It just really odd to see.

The thing about putting with drivers is you know it will fly fast and straight to the basket. What happens when it hits the chains is another story. I played with mids and drivers only at first, and developed quite a bit of comfort putting with both in the midst of 1 disc rounds.

Griffin..Good.Good

Call me a noob for throwing the Griffin this weekend but hey that thing carded me more birdies than my firebirds and on my way to a 4th place finish.. really wish they made them in some other plastic than DX, I swear those things are almost as stable as a gator :)

Sometimes, I wish I knew less about the sport, and just went out to have fun.

Oh man, I can relate to that. I feel like I get more frustrated when I know my form is just not up to par now. But I do enjoy how involved disc selection is for me now.

I can't have as much fun with one-disc-rounds, because I know I could make a lot of shots more simple and closer with better disc selection.

You just gotta remind yourself it's a game, and (for me at least) it's all about relaxing, having fun, and getting some cleverly-disguised exercise, haha.

Latest posts