• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name That Course!

Casey 1988

Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
Cool game, give picture (s) to a course (please try to not use pictures not from this site) and we see if we can guess the course. You can give a few hints, but not enough to give away entire course or name of course. Course should still be there or if not be well known enough if course is gone to be easier find online hints to help yourself. Info below on the course after the picture.

1200px-Disc_golf_basket_2_in_Yyteri.jpg

This I think is from an east coast (yes a course is literally on the coast) course in a smaller state, Still with original baskets from Info I can find online except one basket is a old type Mach III seeing from pictures of the course with original Course designer being Ed Hendrick/Steady Ed.

Last edited:
Cool game, give picture (s) to a course (please try to not use pictures not from this site) and we see if we can guess the course. You can give a few hints, but not enough to give away entire course or name of course.

Hint: This is from one of the courses where I have played Disc Golf. :)

Attachments

• 18 Gold Tee  DSCN0467.jpg
    18 Gold Tee DSCN0467.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 18 Silver Tee DSCN0473.jpg
    18 Silver Tee DSCN0473.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 145
Hint: This is from one of the courses where I have played Disc Golf. :)
Well, out of the 500+ courses you've played, it's not one of the 300+ I've played.... so there's that. :\

I don't know that I've played pads like that before, good looking hole though.

Cool game, give picture (s) to a course (please try to not use pictures not from this site) and we see if we can guess the course. You can give a few hints, but not enough to give away entire course or name of course. Course should still be there or if not be well known enough if course is gone to be easier find online hints to help yourself. Info below on the course after the picture.

1200px-Disc_golf_basket_2_in_Yyteri.jpg

This I think is from an east coast (yes a course is literally on the coast) course in a smaller state, Still with original baskets from Info I can find online except one basket is a old type Mach III seeing from pictures of the course with original Course designer being Ed Hendrick/Steady Ed.

Since the name of the picture is 1200px-Disc_golf_basket_2_in_Yyteri.jpg, I'm guessing https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2180&mode=ci

i wish i would have taken a picture of every brp hole 4 copycat hole ive played in mn

we would have about 10 pics

i wish i would have taken a picture of every brp hole 4 copycat hole ive played in mn

we would have about 10 pics
Note that BRP 4 is a copy of several other holes in the country that came before it, just not as long and impressive. And it may have been the first in MN per your comment. Mackey or Ashton are the ones who might know of other earlier ones in Northern MN with big rows of pine trees.

I recall seeing a corridor hole in one of Steady Ed's course design guides when first producing the basket to show how to use trees in different ways to shape throws. That design was probably in there since he and Tom Monroe designed Brahan Springs in Huntsville, AL in 1976, likely the first basket course to have mostly pine tree corridor fairways.

Note that BRP 4 is a copy of several other holes in the country that came before it, just not as long and impressive. And it may have been the first in MN per your comment. Mackey or Ashton are the ones who might know of other earlier ones in Northern MN with big rows of pine trees.

I recall seeing a corridor hole in one of Steady Ed's course design guides when first producing the basket to show how to use trees in different ways to shape throws. That design was probably in there since he and Tom Monroe designed Brahan Springs in Huntsville, AL in 1976, likely the first basket course to have mostly pine tree corridor fairways.

interesting

why is mackey called "chico" or is that self proclaimed

interesting

why is mackey called "chico" or is that self proclaimed
That originated before my time. It may have come from playing overall events or ultimate, not disc golf. Need to ask some of the MFA really old timers. It's not his favorite moniker but he accepts it from those who don't know otherwise.

That originated before my time. It may have come from playing overall events or ultimate, not disc golf. Need to ask some of the MFA really old timers. It's not his favorite moniker but he accepts it from those who don't know otherwise.

who would you say designed better courses overall

chico or yourself

I think he did as well with his properties as I would have done. Overall, I have had better terrain and Park Departments or owners to work with, so some of my courses may be rated better by players. If you don't have the terrain and owner support to do cool things, it's hard to shine as a designer in terms of final results. For example, Lions Park was one of my tougher design challenges to make something of that property. Purely from a designer standpoint, it's one of my better designs. But it's not going to rank as high as courses with more varied terrain, even if their designs could have been improved.

Probably Needs No Introduction

I wasn't sure if Casey's double negative was intentional or not so I got this pic from a Google search.

picture.php

If you need a hint, it's a "Wild" and Crazy Course. :D

Hint: Ever have a burger with beets on it?

First of all... cool looking basket. That pic should go in one of the basket pic threads.

Anyway, I'll admit it.... I googled beets on burgers and it seems to be an Australian thing. Is this the right direction?

Latest posts