• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name That Course!

Hint: Some holes have different targets than the one in the pic...

attachment.php

Hint 2: Course has 27 holes

No idea, but I'm jealous of you and all your mountainous courses.

Come West, my son!

But really, I can't claim this as one of "my" mountainous courses. Took a plane flight and a few hours of driving to get there. Instantly became my favorite course in that state. Which, to some people, that's blasphemy. Call that "Hint 3".

this course used to battle for number 1 in South Dakota with another course until another was built in early 2010's. Hint: another person on here used to live in this town and this is hole 1.

84f666978d55.jpg

A bit off the beaten path, but a very memorable 1st tee.

attachment.php

Leaning Rock in WY.

I must ask as I stumbled across this course while researching for a bagging run, is it worth the detour?

Leaning Rock in WY.

I must ask as I stumbled across this course while researching for a bagging run, is it worth the detour?

I drove almost 2 hours one way to play this course, and I thought it was well worth it.

I'm not sure how much of a detour you're willing to make, but this is one of the more memorable courses I've played. It will work you though.

I drove almost 2 hours one way to play this course, and I thought it was well worth it.

I'm not sure how much of a detour you're willing to make, but this is one of the more memorable courses I've played. It will work you though.

Awesome, thanks! We're heading down from MT through WY to bag around the Cheyenne and Ft Collins areas. 45 minutes out of Cheyenne seems worth it to me. Not a ton of dimes on this loop so if we lose a crapper or two to add this on that'll be fine.

Awesome, thanks! We're heading down from MT through WY to bag around the Cheyenne and Ft Collins areas. 45 minutes out of Cheyenne seems worth it to me. Not a ton of dimes on this loop so if we lose a crapper or two to add this on that'll be fine.

If you're going to be in Cheyenne, there is no question that this is a Must Play course. Skip others in Cheyenne if you have to, but don't miss out on Leaning Rock.

My review of it is in the review section if you're interested.

Have an awesome trip!

Latest posts