• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name that disc

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
If you were allowed to name the next disc that is coming out, what would you think would be a great name for a disc?

My wife thinks all the names are too aggressive, so I'll go with the "Panda" or the "fluffy bunny." If it was pretty, she'd buy one.

I'd buy Innova's variant "Shark with frikkin' lasers" if offered.

The Silent Butler................always at your service. Fairway driver/approach disc.
Model C-4........................explosive distance driver, extremely understable.
Casper............................glo disc.
Flying Squirrel..................." Hey, Rocky...watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!" Midrange.
Jack O' Diamonds.............. an old standby.
The Woodpecker...............the ultimate risk/reward disc.
The Presley Graceland KC x11.........as in Elvis has left the tee pad.

I like the "Penetrator". The name leaves plenty of room for interpretation.

I always used to joke when I got a hold of some new model that had no glide - that thing flies like a PIG (as in grab a pig by the hind leg and see how well he glides.....)
Low and behold a few years go by and what do we get, the PIG - too funny.

I used to joke with a buddy when he would throw a worm burner and say "Is that the new Innova Trimmer disc that people are talking about?"

The Compensator - "Have a weak arm? Grab the compensator and out drive all your macho friends."

Speed - 14
Glide - 10

"The MythBuster" -- comes with Jamie and Grant, who will build a robot to throw the disc and a remote control mechanism that will guide the disc into the basket.

Think of the possibilities -- 18 aces in a single round; on an all par-3 course, that would be 36-under par - a record sure to stand for some time.

Here are a few 420 friendly discs that would sell like crazy no matter how they flew:

Putters
The Blunt
The Steamboat
The Bogart
The Fatty

Midranges
The Skunk
The Torch

Drivers
The Twister
The Hit
The Shotgun