• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name your three most used discs with percentages

PD

Ghost

Harp

No idea on percentages. I carry 3 different pds and 4 ghosts, all for slightly different types of shots.

PD and ghost used the most often off the tee. Harp gets a ton of work on up shots.

Last edited:
P2- most approaches inside 200
proline leopard- wooded drives and approaches over 250 or so
blizz boss- anything long and open

Depends on the day and the course.

One possible most used trio
Zone
TeeBird
Destroyer

Another common trio
Truth
Firebird
Tern

Yet a third possibility
BuzzOS
Escape
Sword

I play a bunch of different courses and don't really throw a disc more than any other. Below are my most thrown molds for the shot type.

BH drivers: QJLS
FH drivers: PD
BH mids: Roc
FH mids: Zone
Putter drives: Proxy

PDs. Because I cycle them and have them in different plastics and weights and I can make them do a whole lot on the course.

Patriots, for long hyzers, hyzers flip, anhyzers, rollers. The rim width is fantastic and the disc just feels so great to me. Plus legend plastic and various pinnacle plastics too give a wide variety. And, legend plastic... Seriously here.

The Judge!!! Putter of choice. I usually will have both classic and classic blend for when my putting requires one or the other, or ones not catching chains right. And either a fluid for rainy weather or need a little more stability. Or a lucid special blend I've bagged for years. Putting, up shots and tee shots all covered with the judge.

Ir seems like I'm using one of the 3 discs like 85% of the time. But which gets the majority rule depends on the course and distance I guess.

I bag 12-13 discs by the way, with a couple utility discs...

Star TL for most tee shots
FLX Buzz for longer approaches
DC Aviar generally for anything under 200'

Starfire
Starfire
Starfire

Your percentage question is nonsense.

Aviars (Either DX P&A, Star P&A or Star Driver mold) make up virtually all shots inside of 220' except specialty shots, and get used on longer downhill shots. So for drives and approaches they probably make up 40% of my throws.

Drives, excluding max distance, fall to either QOLF or SOLF a majority of the time. They might make up 20% of my throws.

Mid range duties are falling more and more in the hands of an ESP Buzzz, although there's more variation in my bag with mids. So another 10% probably go to the buzz.

The remaining 30% of my throws would be split up between about 8 other molds. Generally carry about 18-21 discs. Doubling, or tripling up, on some molds.

Last edited:
I agree with those who said its too course specific to give accurate numbers.

Most used discs (in no perticular order)
Champion Teebird
KC Roc
KC Aviar

I usually carry 25 discs in a variety of weights/speeds/plastics, and it depends on the type of course as to which get used most often.

Wooded course: straight-to-understable slot (rotation of) Opto Core/GL Claymore/Lucid Evidence, stable-to-overstable slot Lucid Verdict, anything over 300' Neutron Inertia.

Open course, non-windy day: Neutron Wave, GL River, Lucid Thief.
Open course, windy day: (all max weights) GL Havoc, Opto Saint, Lucid Verdict.

It's very course dependent and situational. If I'm going turnover, it's a Saint. If it's stable, it's a Banshee. If it's long, it's a Sword. If it's shapeable, it's a Gazelle. If it's overhand, it's a Trident. If it's an upshot, it's a Buzzz. Unless it's a stable upshot, in which case it's a Zone. So I couldn't possibly tell you my two most used discs. I have different discs for different shots.

Very Course/Configuration Dependent

Assuming I'm playing at the course (Rockburn) I play most frequently, with it in an all-short configuration, where I'll be typically be putting after my drive:
  • Valkyrie 55%
  • Cheetah 15%
  • Cobra 30%
Now, if it is in the long configuration, where I'll often have an approach shot between drive and putt:
  • Valkyrie 50%
  • Cheetah 19%
  • Cobra 31%
This is assuming I'm throwing well. Lots more Cheetah and/or Cobra shots if my initial Valkyrie drives are a bit off. :)