• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nashville TN Info

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
A few buddies and I are headed to Nashville this weekend. Looking for input from locals. Any courses in bad condition, closed, etc..?

Any courses that we missed that are must plays?

Saturday
7AM - Depart
2:30 PM - Arrive at Bowling Green, KY
Kereiakes Park – DGCR 3.88 (36.994301, -86.416496)
1 hour drive to Nashville, TN
Naval Hill DGC – DGCR 3.56 (36.165558, -86.740714)

Sunday – Southeast courses
Seven Oaks Park – DGCR 3.92 (36.107933, -86.698616)
Sharp Springs Park – DGCR 3.93 (30 min drive from Seven Oaks) (36.003962, -86.486703)
Crockett Park – DGCR 3.72 (35 min drive from Sharp Springs Park) (35.980259, -86.768372)

Monday –
Dickson DGC – DGCR 4.00 ( 1 hr drive West) (36.093845, -87.413924)
Cedar Hill Park (North of Nashville) – DGCR 4.20 (36.271317, -86.748802)
Drive 1 hour to Bowling Green, KY
SKYCTC DGC – DGCR 3.35 (36.987223, -86.473095)
Drive 2 hours to Louisville, KY
Sleep
Tuesday – Get to course by 8AM
Seviren Lang DGC – DGCR 4.27 (38.274200, -85.926600)
Drive home 5 ½ hours
Home by 4PM CT

Other courses:
Sanders Ferry Park (Northeast Nashville) – DGCR 3.57 (36.252682, -86.605980)
Two Rivers Park (Central Nashville) – DGCR 2.71 (36.186291, -86.686555)
Barfield Crescent Park (Far Southeast) – DGCR 3.35 (35.781315, -86.413284)

Last edited:
Seven oaks, naval hill and cedar hill are pretty close to one another. Why not drive straight into nashville, play those courses over day 1 and day 2, hit bowling green and play those on day 3, then hit louisville and play severin? I fear your planned route takes you out of your own way a couple of times.

I was a little confused about your Saturday route myself. I'd stay in BG on Saturday and hit Kereiakes, SKYCTC and Hobson Grove. Maybe hit the Franklin, KY course on the way back to Nashville.

I like the Dickson course, but it's a bit of a haul. I'd do Cedar Hill and Saunders on Monday. You might consider Ogg Wood as a third option before making the run up to Louisville.

Any leagues or tournaments to avoid?

Bag Tag Tourney at Naval Hill and Clint Tourney at Seven Oaks on Saturday. I would also avoid Saunders on Saturday b/c a few holes run through a popular fishing area.

Good info. I am going to be in Nashville for the first time april 11-13 for a sales meeting. So I may only get the 2 travel days to play meaning I can probably only play 2 courses at the most. What 2 courses should I play?

If you've never been to Nashville, I would also recommend taking time to visit places and see some amazing sights. I visited last May and was in so much awe. Best city I've ever visited and I can't wait to move there in a few years! ������

Ogg wood is great, so is burde ridge but not exactly close to nashville per se

Sharp Springs and Barfield Crescent are very close and both are worth a play. If it was me, I'd drop Crockett and play Barfield after Sharp Springs.

Sharp Springs and Barfield Crescent are very close and both are worth a play. If it was me, I'd drop Crockett and play Barfield after Sharp Springs.

+1 to that, Barfield is fun while Sharp Springs is a little more challenging. As for Bowling Green, if you can only play one course, Kereiakes is a good option. I would also recommend SKY Tech and Ephram White, depending on if you'd prefer wooded and technical or long and open with OB.

I would skip Sanders Ferry and Two Rivers. Cedar Hill, Seven Oaks, Naval Hill are all good plays. I've never played Seviren but I've heard nothing but good things about it

Dickson is 45 minutes west of nashville and a newer course but in time will be considered the best in the area. It is a great place to play. Cedar hill, seven oaks, naval hill are all the most convenient best bang for your time if it is limited. Sharp springs is excellent and not too far south. Barfield is solid but front 9 is well ... lacking some say play that over Crockett but I would disagree. Ogg Wood is in Springfield north of nashville by a bit but is an awesome course as well. Overall it is hard to go wrong in this area just remember most courses are concentrated to the east side of town.

the nearby trifecta is Seven Oaks, Shelby (Naval Hill), and Cedar Hill.

Seven Oaks is a cool course because it combines the wooded, almost new england-y tight fairways (where if you're not good off the tee you're fighting to get par, with open shots that need you to hit specific lines. Its manicured and beautiful. Its also the epicenter of the local Nashville DG scene where you'll see groups playing competitive tag matches from morning to night even on weekdays.

Shelby is pretty, right on the river/water, open, and can be punishing if windy. The other great part about shelby is that is right in the city and a stones throw away from things like the Titan's Football Stadium, East Nashville (the hipster-y cool part of the city). You might want to eat somewhere right after playing there.

Cedar Hill is probably the crown jewel of the Nashville courses, its long punishing and has some decent elevation (probably a good 100-200ft of up and down shots). Its one of those courses that you know is ready to host an A-Tier/NT/Major.

My home course, Crockett, is nice, open and manicured, but I'd avoid it just because its not outstanding. Its a perfect fieldwork course (because its long and never crowded) and you'll see the big named local Prodigy Sponsored players doing practice rounds there often.

Sharp Springs is an epic course thats a combo course - has lots of memorable wooded holes that are tough, but some open and windy open holes too. Its about 20-30min outside of Nashville but definitely worth the trip.

I recently played dickson (avoid dickson on saturday because there's a big tournament there I'm playing it!). and wow, the "rec" tee layout is still well over 7000ft long pro tees is almost 9,400ft long. Its open and punishing (wind, water shots, elevation, and some flukey tunnel shots to demoralize). Its an hour outside nashville.

I've only been in Nashville for about 3 months, but you can see this town and its adjoining areas is just spoiled with some great disc golf. The local tags go up to near 300!

so again Saturday there's a tourney at Dickson, and sunday there's an event (huge bag tag event) at Saunders so avoid those courses.

The great part is how everything is so close to the city. There will be a new epic 36hole course right in the city coming soon (Cane Ridge) to add to the epic DG scene.

Its definitely one of those cities that is ripe to hold an NT or major soon because it could easily handle 1000 players.

Latest posts