• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nastiest DG Injury?

Peterb

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
My buddy was putting (from outside 10m) the other day at golden gate park, and apparently he stumbled on the landing onto a stump that wasn't cleanly cut. He shredded his lower leg to the bone, blood spurting everywhere. Took 40 or so stitches to sew him up. :eek:

time for helmets and pads to make it to the disc golf scene.... just wait till parents here about how dangerous our sport has become

My buddy was putting (from outside 10m) the other day at golden gate park, and apparently he stumbled on the landing onto a stump that wasn't cleanly cut. He shredded his lower leg to the bone, blood spurting everywhere. Took 40 or so stitches to sew him up. :eek:

I think the only thing that will trump that would be a fatality.

I played with a guy that broke his back while playing disc golf... Of course he broke he because he fell out of a tree while trying to retrieve a disc.

A guy broke his leg with bone sticking out while practice driving on an icy tee at the first tourney I played. He got a rod in his shin now.

he did NOT make the putt. But, can you blame the guy? I mean, that's his BONE showing right there. Nasty.

Brody Miller broke his leg throwing a jump putt at the Beaver State Fling this year. I wasnt there but everyone said it sounded like a broomstick!

I do not like this thread. A big reason I got so into DG was because I tore my ACL playing soccer pretty soon after I started DG, and DG was pretty much the only sport I could still play. I actually was out on the course once I could get around okay with only one crutch. So I don't want to hear about all these DG injuries- I thought this was one sport where my legs were safe!

That being said, I will still check this thread for more nasty injuries.

i heard of a broken arm from a guy throwing a thumber. Youch...