• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Nate Sexton firebird

I think the Champion Glow plastic of my '19s (and a few other molds) is superlative. Nice and grippy, and feels completely indestructible. And it glows in the dark. Worth an extra $5 to me!

Said this in another thread, but in general my Sexybirds are less OS than stock FB's I've tried. More useful for the common man.

What's the difference like between a Sexybird and something like a Champion Thunderbird? Is that a pretty huge gap yet?
Probably not the easiest question to answer without me just throwing both, but if someone wants to take a stab at it I'd appreciate it.

What's the difference like between a Sexybird and something like a Champion Thunderbird? Is that a pretty huge gap yet?
Probably not the easiest question to answer without me just throwing both, but if someone wants to take a stab at it I'd appreciate it.

I don't really notice a difference between a very slightly domed 170ish star firebird that I bag regularly and the 175 '17 Sexton in my glow bag, for whatever that's worth. The Sexton Firebirds are pretty flat so maybe more comfortable for some people.

I play a champion thunderbird as a firebird because it is very over stable...

Anyone actually thrown one yet or are we still in the flipping only stage? I'm hoping for an '18-like flight but expecting a '19-like flight

Anyone actually thrown one yet or are we still in the flipping only stage? I'm hoping for an '18-like flight but expecting a '19-like flight

How would you describe the difference between an 18 and a 19?

Yeah there were. I picked up a couple non gray ones. They'll be gone real quick I bet, only 30 left

Just got my order in today.

They feel stiff and gummy/grippy, really nice. I do see a slight dome, not much, but more than the 19's.

Haven't thrown them yet, hopefully in the next couple days, but so far I like the feel in the hand a lot more than the 19's.
I would say the feel is closer to a 17 but not quite the same.

Just got my order in today.

They feel stiff and gummy/grippy, really nice. I do see a slight dome, not much, but more than the 19's.

Haven't thrown them yet, hopefully in the next couple days, but so far I like the feel in the hand a lot more than the 19's.
I would say the feel is closer to a 17 but not quite the same.

I agree with this! I received mine today as well. Kind of disappointed with my color/stamp color combo but whatevs! If I find another once online retailers have them in stock, might just pick up another and sell this one.

Got to test out my 2020 bird today.

Flies great, reliably over stable but not a meathook. Hard to compare to the 19' but maybe just slightly less stable, the hand feel for me is way better than the 19' so that could be why it's throwing better (just a confidence thing).

I was pushing them out to about 300-310 on flat to slight hyzer for FH. Backhand they were going 330-340 when released flat.

On a side note, a hole that I normally come up short with other fairways I absolutely Parker with it so that was pretty cool.

Debating whether I need to grab a couple at some point. Have a really nicely worked in '16, and a fresh '16 in the bag now, and a couple '19 as backups. If they are like a '16 with the fresh knocked off I might have to score a couple.

The one I felt had a decent dome. Would suggest buying in person if you are expecting a flat one

I just bought two new 2020 FBs and one brand new 2019... I honestly disagree with comments saying the 2020s are more comfortable. I spent a lot of time handling all of them, and I did a few blind tests. I prefer 2019. But that's just me! I had a bit of sharp edging on one of the 2020s as well.