• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS DYE

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Alabama Crimson Tide logo; 167g Star Valkyrie; hand-cut

4263207597_838b0e3c7c_o.jpg

Got a few dyes done before Christmas, but hadn't even touched a disc to dye for weeks. Alabama winning the college football national championship moved this one up for me :).

I'm an Alabama alum and dye-hard( ;) ) fan. I dyed the Bama logo on a KC Pro Aviar a few months ago -- as you can see, it didn't hold the dye very well. I knew I would have to do this on a better disc, so I put it on a nice Star Valkyrie. I mixed Scarlet, Wine, and Black Rit to get the correct shade of crimson.

Cutting the text was the only real chore, but nothing major. Only one small line bleed from the vinyl overlap on the outer border.

Here's a pic of both the KC Pro Aviar and the Star Valkyrie, and my Bama golf towel -- did I mention I was a bit of a diehard? :hfive:

4263207753_9830ea1f95_o.jpg

ROLL TIDE!!!

BennettUA

Oh, now you like Bama. Way to jump on the bandwagon. I kid. Well done as always.

You mix up a special blend of Crimson dye for that?

Where's the asterisk on your disc that says you beat the other team without their starting quarterback? :D

I never try to do any lettering, afraid it will look terrible.... that's what's most impressive about your disc...

Nice work.

You mix up a special blend of Crimson dye for that?
Yes -- as it says in the post, I mixed Scarlet, Wine, and Black Rit. At first I used 50/50 Scarlet and Wine, then added a little Black for the final dip.

man those look good texas should have won

I always love the "shoulda" game with sports!
How about Nebraska shoulda beat Texas?
Arkansas shoulda beat Florida?
Iowa shoulda beat Ohio State?
The "shoulda" game can go on forever, but at the end of the day, it comes down to one word -- SCOREBOARD. ;)

Where's the asterisk on your disc that says you beat the other team without their starting quarterback? :D

He started the game, didn't he? Is it Bama's fault that he was hit in just the right spot to make his arm go numb? :D

Texas is the only team that uses the asterisk.

texas-asterisk.jpg

I never try to do any lettering, afraid it will look terrible.... that's what's most impressive about your disc....

Lettering isn't all that hard, so long as the FONT isn't too tough. Block lettering like this is time-consuming but not incredibly difficult, just gotta go slow and make sure your angles are correct. I suggest practicing -- you don't even have to dye a disc -- just see how well you can cut a stencil of text on your vinyl/ contact paper/ whatever.

very nice dye. It really is too bad that college football will never have a true national champion until it gets rid of the BCS.

yes it would have been a different game if McCoy was in, but he wasnt, so we gotta give 'bama what they deserve...they won, but gilbert put up a hell of a fight for a true freshman!!! too bad he also put up two touchdowns for bama :(

yes it would have been a different game if McCoy was in, but he wasnt, so we gotta give 'bama what they deserve...they won, but gilbert put up a hell of a fight for a true freshman!!! too bad he also put up two touchdowns for bama :(

Gilbert's future is bright, no question there. Imagine the press if/when he gets to another national title game. He's bigger and stronger than McCoy was as a freshman.

One, that is a sweet dye. Maybe not the right colors... those being Blue and White... but I was pulling hard for the SEC in the championship game. 'Bama did well in making all the SEC proud... Im going do a special dye when UK wins the NCAA this year

and Two,

I always love the "shoulda" game with sports!
How about Nebraska shoulda beat Texas?
Arkansas shoulda beat Florida?
Iowa shoulda beat Ohio State?
The "shoulda" game can go on forever, but at the end of the day, it comes down to one word -- SCOREBOARD. ;)

THANK YOU!! It drives me up the wall when people say SHOULDA... You know, maybe they "SHOULDA" but the bottom line is they DIDNT, so why are you making yourself sound like an idiot and arguing an invalid point. Good to see someone else with my pet peeve. Maybe its an SEC thing? Being from the superior conference and all...

and Three,

Sorry to hijack the thread... you all can carry on now

Latest posts