• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC/SC Courses that are Cart Friendly

Driving a golf cart? As in, not a pull cart but a motorized vehicle?

The bigger question might be, where is one allowed? Unless you're asking in regards to special situation.

Trophy Lakes would come to mind as almost completely golf cart-accessible, and being private, might allow it.

Now that Sugaree's design has been revised for the last time,who knows,a cart path could be the next project.

In Burlington, Springwood and Cedarock, except for down to #6 tee. In Greensboro, Guilford Meadows, except for Holes 1 and 2. In Winston-Salem, Horizons, though its length doesn't really justify it.

Tar River in Franklinton is golf cart accessible. I know this because the owner Kerry drives his there. Also Deep Creek Dreams in Mebane comes to mind. Both private, both have owners with carts. Whether they let you bring one, you will have to ask.

Catawba Meadows would work but it is public so not sure if its allowed.
Creekside in Archdale- maybe
Patriot in Kernersville- maybe
Lake Wilson- would be great for the half mile walk from 17 tee pad to the basket (hole is only 250' but you throw over the "corner" of the lake.
Rolling Pines, Wilesboro- would be great for a cart though there may be a couple holes that yous have to improvise.
Village at pinehurst- probably
Zebulon.

As stated I have no knowledge whether public course would allow this or what they would do if you brought one.

Creekside in Archdale- maybe
Maybe is right. I'm pretty sure hole 10 won't be accessible but the rest of the course might be alright save for transitioning from 14-15 except they've put in a bunch of sidewalk around there so it might doable.

Good stuff. Help me complete this list of drivable cart-friendly courses in our area. Here is where we stand so far:

1) Rolling Pines
2) Swingin' DB's
3) Frank Lisk
4) Root Down
5) Wilkesboro
6) Tar River in Franklinton
7) Deep Creek Dreams in Meban
8) Winthrop Gold -maybe
9) Creekside in Archdale -maybe
10) Patriot in Kernersville -maybe
11) Village at pinehurst -probably
12) Zebulon
13) ...

Latest:

1) Rolling Pines
2) Swingin' DB's
3) Frank Lisk
4) Root Down
5) Wilkesboro
6) Tar River in Franklinton
7) Deep Creek Dreams in Meban
8) Winthrop Gold -maybe
9) Creekside in Archdale -maybe
10) Patriot in Kernersville -maybe
11) Village at Pinehurst -probably
12) Zebulon
13) Springwood in Burlington
14) Cedarock also in Burlington
15) Dorton -short tho
16) Horizons -short tho
17) Goat Island -maybe
18) ...

I wouldn't suggest creekside at all, some of the hills are fairly steep going from one hole to the next.

Rootdown is accessable except for a few holes on the back part of the property and 2 holes on the front.

There is a new 10 hole course on a golf course near horizons. You can rent a golf cart for $5

Also zebulon will be unaccesable for a couple holes 10 and 11...but you can park it near the teepad for 10 as hole 12s teepad is near 10s teepad.

Hole 18 would be hard to play as the only way down to the green is a huge set of stairs.

Hole 1 might be difficult too as there is a small creek/ditch you throw over and i don't know how wide the footbridge is

Elon Eager is very close. I'm thinking the pathways from 1-to-2 and 9-to-10 might be too narrow. Maybe 3-to-4, too.

Also zebulon will be unaccesable for a couple holes 10 and 11...but you can park it near the teepad for 10 as hole 12s teepad is near 10s teepad.

Hole 18 would be hard to play as the only way down to the green is a huge set of stairs.

Hole 1 might be difficult too as there is a small creek/ditch you throw over and i don't know how wide the footbridge is

Hole 18 has been changed. The old teepad is on the adjacent property and has now been fenced off. The new tee is right on the walking path at the bottom of the stairs you mention.

Latest posts