• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a new bag

R-Ogre

Double Eagle Member
My current bag is pretty much toast, and it's really too small for anything other than a quickie round anyway.

Was thinking a G-Series would be perfect, as I typically only carry 6-7 discs and a thermos, but I started to have some reservations about that because when I take the kids out it would be nice to have room for all their snacks and water bottles (not sure if the G does) and it might be nice to not have to swap out discs for glow rounds (another 5 discs which would max out the G).

Must haves:
Carry 8-10 discs minimum, maybe up to 15?
Water bottle space (1 for me, maybe a second for a kid)
Room for a hoodie and/or a rain coat
Room for snacks, mini, UV light w/extra batteries, pencils, scorecards, etc
Quality construction (Grip or better)
No carts
Thoughts?

Grip C or B series might be up your alley.

Ridge roller backpack is also great. They currently have factory 2nds and old styles on sale. Plenty of storage and it has a built in seat.

I'm looking for a similar bag. One that's half discs and half normal backpack. I carry only about 7 discs but rather much jacket, drink, food and such stuff. A half-half bag would be nice.

Currently I have a Dynamic Discs Trooper bag. The upper compartment is filled with small stuff, the bottle holder is filled with towels, and the main is half discs and half other stuff ... which shuffles around a lot, unfortunately.

Grip CS made a good impression. I couldn't see it in real life, only videos, for how big the outer pockets really are. Anyways, it was over budget. :-(

Ok so...funny thing about Pound. They came from mystery ranch, which was started by Dana from Dana Design, who my dad worked for back in the 80s in Bozeman.

My everyday play bag is an Innova Standard bag. I carry about 9 discs on any given day.

I picked up a Grip CS for trips into the mountains where I would want things like a rain jacket, extra water, food, etc.

I used it as my carry on during my last vacation, and it was able to hold 17 discs, and a week's worth of clothes. I was impressed since it's not that big of a bag. So far, the construction looks very sound.

Regarding your trip to Colorado, we just slipped into winter yesterday. Cold temps, and snow last night. I hear it's going to last the week, so bring some warm clothes.

I tried out the G and the CS at flygreen. Ended up buying the CS. If I didn't need to stuff a jacket or gloves in it so often, and didn't need to take kids and their stuff once in a while, I would have gone with the G. I love the look of the pound, but it's just a little spendy.

^ to post above.

I have only seen the older MVP Voyager slim not the new one that a player was carrying. The old had the same problem as the Voyager Pro with the feet digging into some peoples backs or hurting that part of the body.

First round with the CS2 today (finally!). Thoughts:
-it's going to take some getting used to to carry a backpack. Not that it's uncomfortable, but I don't love putting it on and off every throw.
-seems to have just the right space right now.
-I wish the bottle holders were positioned just a touch different, it's pretty difficult to get a bottle out while wearing the pack

I had 2 putters, 2 mids, and a driver in the top slots and 3 more drivers, another Comet, and another wizard down below. That left almost half of the bottom compartment open for a kids hat and gloves and my raincoat (which I took off and stuffed in the bag after 3 holes). With that load I didn't love pulling discs from the bottom compartment, it was a touch tight.

I had plenty of room in the side pockets for my thermos and the kids water bottle, snacks, hand warmers, and UV light. Could easily have stuffed more stuff like a pair of gloves and a hat for me in the side pockets. Didn't touch the "valuables pocket".

I love the stability of the bag and that even in the quick-draw pockets at the top you don't have to worry about dumping stuff if it does tip. I think I'll be glad I spent the $$$.

Two questions:

1) Does filling the side pockets narrow the main compartment? I.e. is there flexibility to exchange room in main to room in the sides?

2) Do backup discs fit into the sides?

Two questions:

1) Does filling the side pockets narrow the main compartment? I.e. is there flexibility to exchange room in main to room in the sides?

1. The sides are pretty stiff. I don't think packing the side pockets would impinge on the disc compartment at all.

2. The side pockets do not fit a disc. If you want more storage you'll have to move up a bag. I do use the upper storage pocket as a second "putter pouch" so all together I keep 5 discs up top, 2 putters, 2 mids, and a driver.

Two questions:

This is my current setup. More discs up top leaves more room to stuff a rain coat, hoodie, gloves, etc in the main compartment which was my main reason for going to a backpack (not extra room for discs).
attachment.php

Attachments

• 7ABBD8BB-1A7D-4BA5-A922-265C9D3FBEA6.jpg
    7ABBD8BB-1A7D-4BA5-A922-265C9D3FBEA6.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 85
Thanks a lot for your answers!

If you want more storage you'll have to move up a bag.
The contrary: I cary only about seven discs. If I put all in the main compartment it's still only half filled. But I carry much more other stuff. Currently my main compartment contains discs and clothes and stuff. They start to shuffle and in nasty weather everything gets wet. In your case, you mainly use the upper pockets, but the main compartment still keeps discs and other stuff. (Or does the Grip CS have a separator there? I think not.) Currently I use the upper pocket (or my DD Trooper) for all the small stuff, but when you can get five discs in there for the Grip CS, that would be all my main discs. My backup and utility discs, that are seldom used, could be kept with the clothes and stuff. Or if I can get all the other stuff in the side and top pockets, then I could use the main for my seven discs. (Will seven discs remain upright there or do they fall over?)

Unfortunately, I cannot have a look at such a bag, unless I happen to see a player carrying one on the course, which is low chance.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

The contrary: I cary only about seven discs. If I put all in the main compartment it's still only half filled. But I carry much more other stuff. Currently my main compartment contains discs and clothes and stuff. They start to shuffle and in nasty weather everything gets wet. In your case, you mainly use the upper pockets, but the main compartment still keeps discs and other stuff. (Or does the Grip CS have a separator there? I think not.) Currently I use the upper pocket (or my DD Trooper) for all the small stuff, but when you can get five discs in there for the Grip CS, that would be all my main discs. My backup and utility discs, that are seldom used, could be kept with the clothes and stuff. Or if I can get all the other stuff in the side and top pockets, then I could use the main for my seven discs. (Will seven discs remain upright there or do they fall over?)

Unfortunately, I cannot have a look at such a bag, unless I happen to see a player carrying one on the course, which is low chance.

I will try some packing arrangements and get some pictures if you want. I think the CS2 would work though.

Latest posts