• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a tunnel disc

My votes in the fairway catagory. A beat DX Gazelle powers down well, IMO. A worn DX Teebird will loose it's fade and will be good on the longer end.

The key to the low, straight shot is getting a good bit of spin so that the disc will maintain it's line by gliding. On a low line, it will not have much room to fade.

I took a second read on your original post. DX Teebird would be my choice. Trying to stay that low will take something a bit faster, released flat, with good spin. A Teebird will tend to lock in flat, and a wearing DX will glide more, getting you to the longer baskets. The Gazelle would definately need a hyzer flip release.

But as you've stated, the Buzzz is good, just work on good release to keep it lower.

As far as driver's go, I am starting to love my Avenger SS for tunnel shots, I can keep it straight and low. The other two drivers I use in the woods are sidewinders and teebirds. I find I get the best distance/accuracy with these.

I probably would agree with Leopards/Rocs that others mentioned for Mid's.

It sounds to me like what you need is more snap. A lot of the longer drivers will hold the low line if you just give them a ton of snap, now you just need to pick the disc that create the right line.

I'm monkeying around with Avengers, PD, Northman and a Stalker as my control right now.

\/\/

The Impact is a great disc flys straight but is very true to release great for mid range tunnel just kind of floats at the end of flight and settles. I find for long tunnel shots I throw a champion plastic roadrunner at about 4 foot off the ground I can get about 325' with very slight turnover maybe 15 foot from straight the straight line.
Cheers hopes this helps

I'm looking at about 10 feet off the ground I'm hitting branches. Anything out there I can be putting between 225-325 feet without worrying about height? Any suggestions?

From 225 to about 275 feet, I use a Buzzz for a tunnel shot. Over 275 feet, I would probably use my Champ Leppard or Star TL.

I'd probably use a Roc if I need to shape the drive some and a TL if I just needed straight and long, and then I would worry about a skip.

It sounds to me like what you need is more snap. A lot of the longer drivers will hold the low line if you just give them a ton of snap, now you just need to pick the disc that create the right line.
\/\/

Great advice! I think that's the key to the woods....more snap and less arm! Frank mentioned that somewhere on here as well; I've been working on this a lot and find it to be very true!

I like my comet for tunnel shots. It's easy enough to flip up straight with a bit of power, and you can finesse it and get gratuitous amounts of glide for nice straight finishes... works great for small windows and low ceilings.

Star Mako. For longer distances I use a Star Roadrunner.

It's the archer, not the arrow. If you already have a Buzzz, no need to spend money trying to find a disc to solve the problem. You already have arguably the best disc for that shot.

As the Sex Pistols said, "The problem is you. What you gonna do?"

Of course I wholeheartedly endorse disc whoring as a way of life, so buy as many discs as you can. Just don't expect one of them to magically fix your problem.

Of course I wholeheartedly endorse disc whoring as a way of life, so buy as many discs as you can. Just don't expect one of them to magically fix your problem.

Three Putt and I are basically the same person here. My REAL answer is to work on you...but I'll still tell you there are other discs you might like...come to the dark side...there's lots of plastic here!

COMPLETELY UNRELATED...I'm pretty much being shoved out of my room because the plastic is taking over...whoops...

\/\/

I love my champ leopard with a not full power release for straight shots with a ton of glide. I can get it to just about 300 feet. if you want further or if there is a bit of wind involved, nothing beats a teebird. you can crank of it with full power and it loves it. great disc.

I'll add to the "its you" corus. The Z Buzz on a hyzer flip is as good a choice as any. If you want to add more plastic a DX Cobra cant be beat. Pick one up in the 165-170g range. You'll love it. The Leppard, Tbird, etc are all great discs, but if you're having trouble holding the line with your Buzz discing up will only make your problem worse.

Looks like a few have mentioned the TL, which I would highly advise. A Leopard is good choice as well. Buzzz has it's place in the arguement as well.

I used to have a old DX Shark that i loved for those shots but of course i lost it.. so now i have been using a Star Mako ands it's GREAT...for longer shots i use an ol' DX Teebird and a Avenger SS

Latest posts