• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need an Overstable Fairway Driver!

syguy47

I need an overstable fairway driver. The only driver I have is a Star TL that I love. I can throw it around 300' consistantly. So, what would be some good discs to try?

Lat 64 River I have is very understable? Champ Teebird would be my suggestion! If you can find an 11x buy it up.

if you want true overstable pick up a Trident by Lat 64

The River is more a stable to understable disc at 300'. You want an OLF or a heavier Eagle X.

Whippet - X ....in star or cfr-glow.

Banshees are fantastic as well. Banshees have some of the best "wear-an-tear" flight. End up being super super super str8 discs.

All depends on what "overstability" you're looking for. Big meethook or hold up in wind and still fade out nice?

Teebird or Banshee. Banshee is better at fighting wind and fading though.

River. I just threw one this weekend, and I was surprised how overstable it was.
Stupid Sexy Flanders!:doh: what I meant to say was Champ Banshee, not River. The "future wife" asked what disc I got from her brother while I was replying to this... i'll leave now..

I think a whippet will be to much disc.

Banshee's the way to go.

yes....i just contradicted myself. *leaves s/ Irishdw"

As the wise men have said before... get a Banshee. Champ plastic if you want it to stay overstable, DX if you want it to wear to stable. The Whippet if you want a good hook (Trident if you want to spend $$$ for the same thing).

I use a Star Eagle X for this purpose. Not overly stable, but it will always come back. Good in a headwind.

Of course, the Teebird is the best all around midrange. It has no peer or equal. It is stable. Star plastic is recommended... DX is more overstable to begin with, but beats quicly to overlap with your understable...

Bottom line... DX or Champ Banshee is the logical pick. Star Eagle X to make you grin forever.

P.S. - Millennium's EXP1 is a modified Banshee that is a little faster... if you prefer.

Last edited: