• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need form advice/drills to fix my bad form.

McbethsHat

Hello Everyone. Video link of my form is below.

https://imgur.com/a/SN7CFxG

Context:

I have been playing for about 9 months. I average about 280-315 on my RHBH drives. Recently, I fell into a rabbit hole of form critiques and advice videos but nothing has really clicked for me. I know I am strong arming the disc because my bicep is sometimes sore after field work.

I have been doing field work once every other day but I feel like I am just mindlessly throwing without really knowing what to fix/do to fix my form.

Also, I am pretty short, about 5'5. I don't know if that will affect distance/form but it might help to know lol.

I know my form is bad but I would really appreciate some advice and or drills I can do. Thanks in advance.

Note how you open up your whole frontside coming into the plant making your shoulder angle collapse and shortening your swing. Need to turn your whole frontside - head to toe further back into the plant and make your swing longer. Keep your eyes focused on your thumb/disc instead of looking at the target.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 5.04.47 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 5.04.47 PM copy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 33
Thank you so much for your response. I am assuming since my whole frontside is opening up that it eliminates all power from the legs. How would you recommend fixing that? Should I restart and break down my form from standstill or try to fix one thing at a time?

Welp back to the drawing bored lol. Thank you for the direction, hopefully I can post an update in the next couple of weeks.