• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need Help, Fix my throw.

mrstiggy

Par Member
Please take a look at the video I have attached. I dont really care about the FH, as it was not my typical throw, however, I have 3 backhands on this video. The first one is in super slow mo and the other 2 at regular speed. Please take a look and tell me not only the things I am doing wrong (What I am really concerned about) but also tell me what I am doing right.

Thanks!!!

It looks like you might be reverse pivoting a little bit, your follow through should be more forward if I understand it correctly. It looked like you started your pull just barely too early on that first throw also. Just looks like you need to fine tune the timing and weight transfer to me, but I suck.

Thanks Dave! anyone else have anything? I can put the other two in slow mo as well. I desperately need help, I am no longer improving my game and suck pretty bad.

1. Your x-step is backwards. This will make a gianormous difference.
2. Its hard to critic the rest because of that, but yeah pulling a tad early, weight back and reverse pivot. Everything leading into the hit suggests you are going to throw an anny, but the follow through is hyzer. The disc travels to much left to right during your pull, it should be a straight line with the shot. This all creates a lot of OAT on the throw.
3. Good thing is you keep the disc close to your body and getting some snap.
4. Watch these vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXoWaskHpr8&playnext_from=TL&videos=Q60O6qQB-rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nED7gcXobEo&playnext_from=TL&videos=yPbc1qDw4Qk

Yep, the point of the x-step is to bring your left hip away from the target, so your get more power from the hips. When your left leg steps in front its bringing your left hip toward the target so its counter productive as there is no hip extra hip rotation. May as well throw from a stand still.

Yep, the point of the x-step is to bring your left hip away from the target, so your get more power from the hips. When your left leg steps in front its bringing your left hip toward the target so its counter productive as there is no hip extra hip rotation. May as well throw from a stand still.

Makes perfect sense, I only get about 40 more ft from my X-step then I do from stand still

basically your x-step isn't winding up your body correctly as its throwing your outside hip forward before you build the momentum on your throw, taking your body out of the throw dramatically. When your back foot comes behind it's winding up your hips (and your body) like a rubber band so that when you throw everything is naturally behind your throwing motion. I'd love to hear how that helps when you fix that up.

It also looks like your throwing the disc way to high. Try to keep release it with the nose down almost so that it flies flat with good snap about 15-20ft above the ground. Once you get down something comfortable, the distance will get longer, and you will get more accurate.

When you X-step correctly, you hips and lower body go first. then your upper body, creating a "pull" and a faster throw. and try to keep your disc up chest levelish initially so when your arm comes around it stays on a flat level, giving more accuracy.

Latest posts