• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need new hyzerflip disc

Technohic

* Ace Member *
I am at the course now and while I'm thinking about it.

Had a 150 DX leopard that would flip then keep going right more than I wanted by quite a bit. What would be one that would flip but recover to a more normal flight?

Sorry for lack of detail. BBs suck

A beat valkyrie is what I am using right now. I cant quite get my best to flip up yet . . . it isnt beat enough . . . or I am not strong enough of a thrower.

heavier leopard, XL, xpress, sidewinder, roadrunner, surge ss, avenger ss, vision etc....

anything understable, it would help to know how far you throw on a normal drive

I agree with everyone's disc choices here. But I think annys and turnover shots can be very inconsistent thats why im teaching myself a forehand with much greater success and consistency.

It sounds like any of the discs that have been suggested so far would probably work fine. I wouldn't go for a max weight disc through. You'll probably want a disc that weighs in the mid to low 160's.

The Polaris LS and DX Cheetah are both discs that are easy to flip and control but still fight to fade back.

The D Cyclone and DX Gazelle will turn after a bit of a beating, too.

I found the X XL to be similar to the DX Cheetah but a little harder to control the turn with and a bit longer.

Beyond that you're probably jumping up in speed quite a bit, too.

I have a mid 160.star roadrunner that I can't quite flip and a 165 leopard I can't either so I think I need to look just a little less flippy or a little heavier than 150 DX leopard

Think I found it in my bag. 167 star kite. Its just a mid but think it will do for now.

Thanks

Beast all the way. I do use a valk in tight wooded areas though.

But I think annys and turnover shots can be very inconsistent thats why im teaching myself a forehand with much greater success and consistency.

I agree to some extent, but anny/turnovers are not the exact same as forehand. You can do things with a turnover shot that you cant do with a forehand and vice versa.

That being said, I think if you cant throw forehand with a decent amount of control, you are limiting your game to some degree. Even if you don't tee off forehand, its a great outta trouble shot.

Depends on how big your arm is. I have a beat in surge that I have to hyzere flip or it turns over, I have a 166g Star Valkyrie that is a good hyzerflip disc out of the box but it really just depends on your arm really

My arms not that great. Was throwing around 275 with a tacoed 150 valk but without being tacoed like that I couldn't do it. 150 leopard out of the box flipped and kept going too far right.

I did back down from 250 ft flat throw to around 225 with better tech but today at the end of my rounds, I don't know exactly how far but the holes seemed shorter thanever throwing my leopard. If I had to guess I would say 260 ft if I have to keep it low it would be a bit less. That's why I want the HF.

Kite worked ok but would just drop when it flattens out for some reason

i would almost reccomend a low 160's dx leopard or maybe an impact from discraft, that or you can just keep throwing midranges, the comets, meteors, beat up rocs anything understable to stable should suit you well

Yeah, just got home and looking. Right now I am thinking either Xpress, Cheetah, or Polaris LS in 150 or a Leopard at 160.

err actually, the Xpress and Cheetah in 150 I think I might get the same result just less of it. Im wndering if I would be ok with 160 with those, if I could find one. The Polaris LS sounds like it is faster so not sure about that one.

Maybe I should give my 164 Star Roadrunner more of a try but so far, I havent quite been able to do it with that so I was thinking slower.