• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Need some a little more stable than a Leopard

I suggest a star or champ Leopard 165-175 grams. Use this into the wind and your dx Leopard for tailwinds. Eventually you will want another disc for headwinds. Then you can choose any disc you want in the 7 speed category. As that disc beats in you can decide if you want to go with slots or cycle your fairway drivers.

I agree with everyone else that a heavier champ Leopard would probably be best.

Other alternatives include a gold line River - this one requires a bit more arm speed than the Leopard with a somewhat similar flight characteristic.

A Zombee or Stalker would work as well. These are stable discs that should go pretty straight, very similar to your Buzzz. The Zombee is slightly longer than a Buzzz and the Stalker is a little longer than that.

Pro Leo! Starts out a little more turn than champ or star and wears in faster. I've abused mine a lot and I can still hyzer flip it and have it fade out ~350'. The extra turn makes it my longest Leopard. Even now it doesn't turn nearly as much as a brand new max weight DX Leopard.

Not that Champ or Star Leos are bad, but you asked for "a little more stable," and compared to DX the premium Leos are significantly more HSS.

A mid 160's GL River would be comparable, but after throwing the River for years and then trying Leo's, I find the smaller diameter makes the Leo straighter in premium plastic and still more controllable in Pro and DX. I carry one of each grade plastic and they cover a LOT of shots.

Pro Leo! Starts out a little more turn than champ or star and wears in faster. I've abused mine a lot and I can still hyzer flip it and have it fade out ~350'. The extra turn makes it my longest Leopard. Even now it doesn't turn nearly as much as a brand new max weight DX Leopard.

This around 170. The Pros have more glide than any other plastic.

Legacy Patriot

Or this if you want to try something new. I would recommend one in Icon plastic.

I'm all for the icon patriot, but if you love your leopard, just get it a little heavier in pro and you should be in good shape.

I agree with everyone else that a heavier champ Leopard would probably be best.

Other alternatives include a gold line River - this one requires a bit more arm speed than the Leopard with a somewhat similar flight characteristic.

A Zombee or Stalker would work as well. These are stable discs that should go pretty straight, very similar to your Buzzz. The Zombee is slightly longer than a Buzzz and the Stalker is a little longer than that.

I have Rivers and I love them but I cant get them to turn yet.

Legacy Patriot

This had crossed my mind, havent tried Legacy yet

I do throw Eagles but they're all Xs, having a little trouble tracking down an L

A champ or star leopard

[/QUOTE]
I do throw Eagles but they're all Xs, having a little trouble tracking down an L[/QUOTE]

They are usually quite easy to find but brand new they are a very nice compliment to an eagle X

I think a 168 pinnacle patriot flies very similar to my star leopard, just a little more hss. So I vote this :)

Gazelles are awesome, but you can only find DX discs in the 160's lol Or the expensive kcpros.

DX 150? Next step up would be a Pro 165-170. You could skip the Pro and go to Star or Champ but you'll lose some turn if you are not throwing far and a few feet of distance.

My vote is Pro 167.

JLS or Gazelle if you don't want to go the "new Leo in different and/or heavier plastic" route.