• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Neutral Rhyno

I putted Rhyno's for 10+ years and made the change to a Pure and haven't looked back faster more glide and low profile can handle snap

A Yeti Aviar. Has the same bottom, low profile, doesn't have a thumbtrack but has a shoulder/puddle top you can wrap your thumb around giving you that inside the disc feel that thumbtracks give you, and its relatively neutral in flight out of the box.

I just broke out a domey champ San Marino Rhyno that I don't think I ever got around to throwing. Not sure if these start out more or less OS than other types but I just gave it the accelerated break-in with a brick wall and sandpaper. Will report results.

Thanks again for great feedback from all. The two that interest me the most are the Serpent and the Yeti Aviar. Anybody thrown both and putted both? Which has more glide? I've heard that both lack glide, but which seems to float a little more?

Thanks again for great feedback from all. The two that interest me the most are the Serpent and the Yeti Aviar. Anybody thrown both and putted both? Which has more glide? I've heard that both lack glide, but which seems to float a little more?

The Yeti will have more glide.

The Serp has very little glide. IMO the lack of glide is what makes the Serpent such an elite mold. It's one of the more unique Discs on the market for its combination of no turn, no fade & no glide. Just a true point and shoot flyer.

I've putted with Yetis before. I think they have a good blend of glide, they won't sail past the basket unless you give them the power to do so. However, they will roll and not stop. Had a few instances where the roll has taken me from the basket to outside the circle. Other than that, I really like them. I putt with Wizards now though, more comfortable for me.

I've been throwing my Serpents on FH approach shots (150ft and in) to amazing effect. They are STABLE. The distinct resistance to turn coupled with a very slight to no fade puts it in a class of its own. There's no way I'd even think of using a Yeti for this shot. Not that I couldn't do it, but it's way too touchy. The Serpent is leaps and bounds more HSS than a Yeti, which makes it more of a neutral Rhyno than just about anything else out there except a beat in Rhyno.

I just broke out a domey champ San Marino Rhyno that I don't think I ever got around to throwing. Not sure if these start out more or less OS than other types but I just gave it the accelerated break-in with a brick wall and sandpaper. Will report results.
Flight plate warped, flies like garbage, going in the trash. I guess I haven't mastered the boiling water trick.

OTOH, I rediscovered my gummy champ Rhynos and put one back in the bag. Mellowest flight of any Rhyno I've thrown, straight with a gentle fade at the end. This will be my go-to for straight approaches that are out of range for the Polecat.

I've thrown both Yeti and Serp, and I can't disagree with what Jamie says, but I'd add that, functionally, they would cover pretty much the same shots in your bag, so it really just comes down to what type of flight you prefer. You can't know that until you throw them. One round with each disc will tell you more than all the forum discussion in the world.

One benefit of a serp over a yeti though is the different plastics and firmness available. All yetis are going to be fairly soft, so that might be a deal breaker if you need a firm disc.

Just get a Tank. It's literally exactly what you ask for in the OP - you won't regret it.

i looked into the tank, looks like a rhino top - reviews said it was unreliable and had bad flashing. Some said it would flip randomly or wouldn't be stable etc. What kind do you have? and weight? just curious, I like discs that are good thumbtrack approach discs

i looked into the tank, looks like a rhino top - reviews said it was unreliable and had bad flashing. Some said it would flip randomly or wouldn't be stable etc. What kind do you have? and weight? just curious, I like discs that are good thumbtrack approach discs

I have 2 in my bag. Both old Soft Tanks (the first run or two before they changed the stamp to actually say "soft" on it). They are my US and straight driving putters. I think both are 175.

One is the most beat disc Ive ever owned. Constant use for almost 2 full seasons. Im not sure it can get more beat. Its got such an awesome hyzerflip flight path. Lazer straight for ~150 before it starts turning right if I throw a steep hyzer. Go to for powered down tunnel shots too bc its so straight even at real low speed.

I also carry another thats only a little beat, to the right spot where i can hyzer it full power and have it get to straight but not turn more than that.

Out of the box they are relatively stable, but not meathooks at all. Hard ones are a bit moreso.

Latest posts