• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New and need help with RHBH

I never have pain on back foot but the front side of my front foot hurts sometimes after a round. I think it's from rolling over on it in my follow-through instead of staying balanced and turning around it. Back foot sounds like your tweaking the toe joint from repeated pushing off, as you have surmised. BTW, you are well-dressed for field work:)

I stress fractured a metatarsal on my rear foot many years ago, just overuse/new to sport.

You start turning/opening up before your weight shifts forward and planting your front foot quite turned open facing the target line. You want to turn further back and delay turning open until you are balanced on the front leg. In the one leg drill you want your front foot directly perpendicular to the target line. This drill should also ease up the pressure on your rear foot.

thanks Sidewinder22.
At first I thought I just developed the gout. But no pain with running 5 miles nor pain with walking. Just pain with hyper extending.
Thanks for the advice. I find it hard to spin on the right heal like the better players do.
So I'll try to keep the right foot perpendicular.
I find it hard to wait so long to start bringing the hand foreward. I'll try to shift my wt forward before pulling through.
Should i be leaning over more? I seem to up right. Maybe not.
Thanks.

It's weird trying to describe it, I would say you are not upright enough dynamically. Your shoulders are going over past your hips so your posture is collapsing/folding over the top. You want to get/send your hips more forward so you plant more upright stacked dynamically into a braced front side posture so you can rotate on tilted spiral.

Latest posts