• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New (another) course at Renny

Can't wait to get out there Monday afternoon to check it out!!

Renske #1 & #2 use Gold #12s fairway.
Renske #11 & 12 use Gold #13s fairway.
Renske #16, #17 and #18 use Gold #11s fairway.

Renske will be permanent? And Gold will remain permanent?

How does that work for daily play? Is it just duckayouhead?

Renske will be permanent? And Gold will remain permanent?

How does that work for daily play? Is it just duckayouhead?

Renske is permanent. Gold is permanent. This past weekend there were 10x the number of players on Renske than Gold. Lots of very casual players on Renske. Honestly, the players on Gold will realize they that they will have to yield the "right of way" on the shared holes and will have to wait for the Renske players to clear. Signage should be installed to communicate the order of play.

I was reading on the tarheel trailblazers website that there have been alot of car break-ins at the park, while people are mountain biking. Where is the most secure place to park ?

If I were just going to play the new short course, I would park in the first parking lot on the left at the soccer/softball field side. From there, you'd be able to see your car from at least half of the course. I think the reason there were problems with break-ins for some mountain bikers was that the mountain bike crowd tends to park all the way back behind the softball fields, and that parking lot is pretty well out of sight of most park users, and doesn't get a lot of traffic, unless there's softball or a mountain bike event going on. I don't think I've ever seen more than two or three other cars in that lot when there wasn't an event of some sort in the 20+ years I've been a visitor to the park.

new pads

This morning the they are we (Charlotte Disc Golf Club) poured ALL the tees at the new Renske course (at Renaissance Park in Charlotte) in less than 4 hours. Had about 25 participants in the pour crew while several others were playing/running a PDGA tournament at another local course. The Renske course will be used at the PDGA Selinske Major in August and the PDGA Carolina Clash in May. Two notable things: most of the concrete pads were skreeted by 3 of the ladies that were part of the crew; and for those that "watched" the concrete dry were provided refreshments by a local sponsor (Triple-C Brewery).

Another good day for we.

New tee signs coming soon for all the Renaissance layouts.

Last edited:
So, I was in CLT the other day playing Renny Gold and there were a bunch of groups playing RenSke.
Extremely annoying that the fairways overlap. It seems crazy to me to overlap some short little holes onto the premier holes at the premier championship course in CLT.

We had to wait several minutes for the groups on Gold 11, 12 and 13. Dumb idea, IMO.

DSCJNKY

So, I was in CLT the other day playing Renny Gold and there were a bunch of groups playing RenSke.
Extremely annoying that the fairways overlap. It seems crazy to me to overlap some short little holes onto the premier holes at the premier championship course in CLT.

We had to wait several minutes for the groups on Gold 11, 12 and 13. Dumb idea, IMO.

DSCJNKY

Shhhh. You know you can't talk bad about our courses here in Charlotte...even if it's a valid point.

DSCJNKY
Well, you know there is an acute shortage of courses in Charlotte...I guess they were strapped for space:popcorn:

Played it for my first time today. Here's a few brief thoughts.

1. The course seems very well established for how new it is. The course doesn't feel as new as it is.

2. It's definitely on the short and easy side....I'd say it was a touch harder than Eager Beaver, but a bit easier than Winget.

3. Surprised at the lack of benches. Not that I minded, it's just Charlotte sure seems to love their benches.

4. Good variety in the holes. Some straight shots, some <200' ace runs, one or two holes breaking 300' with one playing slightly uphill so it feels longer, couple holes have well defined RHBH and RHFH routes.

5. Great flow. Only one section, the walk to 14, took more than a couple seconds to walk. Otherwise you're pretty much at the next tee by the time you retrieve your putter from the last cage.

6. It's going to be pretty obnoxious for gold tee fans like myself, I can already see it. I haven't run into it yet, but the course was crowded today. If I were trying to play golds, there would be moments I might of had to wait 10 - 15 minutes because there are multiple holes playing on the same fairway for #11 for example. As fun as Renske is I really wish this could of been avoided. In the end I'll happily take a fun 18 hole course and deal with the wait for a few holes from the Golds. It's worth it. Just gonna be ugly on a busy day trying to play #11, #12 and #13.

Posting footage tonight.

No video is perfect. They all have at least one mistake when it comes to filming / editing. Forgot to snap a pic of 16's sign :eek:

Anyways here's 18 at Renske.

Bowling Green, KY could vie for that title.

Hmm … BG might sneak into the conversation if you doubled the number of courses while maintaining the quality level; otherwise, not so much.

Courses within 25 mile radius:
BG - 13; Charlotte - 49;

Courses within 50 mile radius:
BG - 28; Charlotte - 84

18+ hole courses within 25 mile radius:
BG - 11; Charlotte 25

18+ hgole courses within 50 mile radius:
BG - 18; Charlotte - 43

9-17 hole courses within 25 mile radius:
BG - 2; Charlotte - 29

4+ rated courses within 25 mile radius:
BG - 2; Charlotte - 7