• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Any updates on your opinions b/t the two? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these bags and would love some more first hand insight.

Right now the only thing leading me one way or the other is the putter pocket on the octo, which I really like..

Just did a 8ish mile fishing hike on Saturday with my Mahal loaded up and it just reenforced how much more comfortable the Octo is. The Mahal is a great bag for DG and life in general but the Octo distibutes the weight soooo much better. I think the storage space and pockets are better as well. The only advantages I can think of that the Mahal has are the ability to collapse the side pockets and the stability on uneven terrain. I can set my Mahal down pretty much anywhere and not worry about a tip over. I have to actually pay attention to the Octo. I may be a little more sensitive to this than the average golfer as I play at Diamond X which is rather rugged terrain.

I guess if you aren't going to use a hydration bladder the Mahal does have 2 drink holders vs the Octo's 1. But using the bladder pocket is soooo nice. Also, carrying the drinks in the Mahals holders just exacerbates the poor weight distribution making it feel more like a giagantic fanny pack.

Moral of the story, I'll never get rid of my Mahal. I love it and its a very useful bag. They also aren't going to make them any longer. However, I will not be using it for DG other than to haul my back-up discs for tourneys as the Octo is just that much better. Plus, have you seen Levi's beard?

Just did a 8ish mile fishing hike on Saturday with my Mahal loaded up and it just reenforced how much more comfortable the Octo is. The Mahal is a great bag for DG and life in general but the Octo distibutes the weight soooo much better. I think the storage space and pockets are better as well. The only advantages I can think of that the Mahal has are the ability to collapse the side pockets and the stability on uneven terrain. I can set my Mahal down pretty much anywhere and not worry about a tip over. I have to actually pay attention to the Octo. I may be a little more sensitive to this than the average golfer as I play at Diamond X which is rather rugged terrain.

I guess if you aren't going to use a hydration bladder the Mahal does have 2 drink holders vs the Octo's 1. But using the bladder pocket is soooo nice. Also, carrying the drinks in the Mahals holders just exacerbates the poor weight distribution making it feel more like a giagantic fanny pack.

Moral of the story, I'll never get rid of my Mahal. I love it and its a very useful bag. They also aren't going to make them any longer. However, I will not be using it for DG other than to haul my back-up discs for tourneys as the Octo is just that much better. Plus, have you seen Levi's beard?

thanks for the reply...somehow this made me want both...

Anyone know if there is a scaled down smaller version of this bag in the works. That would be sweet.

I guess I mean future plans or current ideas to even consider it a reality, or maybe it's not on the radar at all.

I guess I mean future plans or current ideas to even consider it a reality, or maybe it's not on the radar at all.

i think he mentioned something in passing on a fb post, not much detail though

Email from Levi below. Love and appreciate the honesty.

Hello soon to be Octo owners!

I wanted to let everyone know that inspection took a little longer than I had anticipated. However, my wife and I inspected every single bag and fly ourselves, spending over 100 hours between the 2 of us and averaging 30+ minutes with every bag.

With that said, I apologize that the bags will be slightly behind schedule - t hey shipped to our warehouses last week (we have warehouses in L.A., Chicago, and Philidelphia). We made the extra effort and picked up the added cost to spread product across the country so that shipping would be as cheap as possible for everyone (if we only shipped from Montana, shipping would be ridiculous for even those close to us). Shipping is something we barely break even on, and we know how annoying shipping costs are as consumers ourselves.

It drives me crazy when companies make promises and don't deliver and I never wanted to be in this position, but quality is something that I cannot bend on. I am thankful for the high standards that were hammered into me by Dana at the Mystery Ranch, and I hope you all understand my efforts to uphold these standards.

All that said, bags should ship out by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Levi

Magnet Disclaimer

Hello soon to be Octo-Fly owners,

Here's the neodymium magnet warning that I have to send you to cover myself.

It's pretty straightforward. The big issue is if you have a pace maker - you might want to reconsider or at least talk it over with an expert before using the fly.

Also, don't store the fly next to your credit cards or smartphone.

Here's the fat of it:

Important Magnet Safety Warning!

Disclaimer: Pound Disc Golf neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase.

•Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter if smashed. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling broken magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.

•Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175 degrees F (80 degrees C).

•The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs.

•Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force.

•Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.

•Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets. Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.

Cheers,

Levi
--

Like to prove I got it? I guess I can take one when I get home in the morning.

When did you guys order? I was stalking FB and ordered the day it was announced to be available. I also chose gray/orange which is obviously the best color combination so maybe I was rewarded for my good taste