• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

WHOA!!!

I was just about to buy one. However, halfway through the checkout I find out that shipping (the slower version) is $30? So the bag is $310 shipped? $279 seems hard to swallow, but $310?

Anyone got a discount code?

Wow my ridge roller was 320 shipped.

Just tried and with an octothorpe and rainfly. Chose paypal checkout and apparently got free shipping! $318 shipped

edit: and although I see the appeal of a cart in certain aspects I would not consider a cart until I start playing courses with less elevation involved. Maybe its in my head but I dont want to be pulling a cart up and down waterworks. At any rate, I love my mahal, dropped the grip as soon as I got it and am really interested to try Levi's new creation.

Last edited:
Hold on a minute, you sayin Schwebby has no dignity? That's messed up bro

LOL - doesn't matter anyway as once I click pay now thru paypal I get an error saying "there are no delivery options available for my cart".

Well my experiment went thru despite it being just an experiment. I was charged the $30 shipping. Oh well! I'll give my thoughts when it arrives.

^ I'll give you mine too. Grey/Orange one on the way. Mahal heading to a new home.

^ Nice color choice, thats what I got too. I have OCD for orange so I had no choice :doh:
Don't think I could give up my mahal though. I certainly don't need two bags but can't bear to part with that beautiful mahal. Of course thats what I said about the digi-camo GRIP Lseries and that was donated to my nephew so time will tell.

^ Nice color choice, thats what I got too. I have OCD for orange so I had no choice :doh:
Don't think I could give up my mahal though. I certainly don't need two bags but can't bear to part with that beautiful mahal. Of course thats what I said about the digi-camo GRIP Lseries and that was donated to my nephew so time will tell.

I ended up with another backup San Marino Q Sentinel, another 1.1 zippertop QOLF, and another 2008 USDGC San Marino Champ Roc out of the deal, so it eased the blow. I love the Mahal, but couldn't justify having both. And I've been convinced by Levi and others that I won't regret the "upgrade". Time will tell indeed.

I love mine, but I was using a Grip A series, not a mahaul.
My only complaint about the bag is, there is nowhere to hang your towel or bagtags.
I have been using the large zipper pulls for the bladder pocket.
(But I don't really like stuff hanging on them, for fear of damaging them)

I got my Octothorpe and octo-fly yesterday. First impression is great! This thing holds a ton of stuff. Even loaded with 25 discs, the rainfly, several towels and all the various crap I haul around the course with me this bag is lighter and more comfortable than either my Grip L-Series or MR Golf Mahal. Easier to take on and get off than either of those as well. Right now the only thing I miss is easy access to the scorecard/pencil area that the mahal had. That is such a minor annoyance compared to how amazingly lightweight and comfortable it is I am okay with having to un/zip to get at those things.
In the end: Octothorpe is my favorite so far.

^ I'll give you mine too. Grey/Orange one on the way. Mahal heading to a new home.

I'm still waiting.

Levi acknowledged his serious disappointment in the distribution company he brought on to help keep the costs down and expedite shipping. He told me by email that he will take shipping back in house in an effort to provide better customer service, even knowing it will be more work and hassle for him. Then he called me on the phone to ask my opinions. The shipping is slow, but the customer service is fantastic, especially for a bag I don't even have yet.

Can you throw a thicker jacket/hoodie in one of the big side pockets without it messing with the main disc compartment?

I think you guys sold me on one of these. Just bought a Ranger bag a few months ago and it's my favorite bag so far. That big pocket on top is the best. I had a Grip bag for a while and I can't put a specific finger on it but I just didn't like it. The way storage was laid out felt clumsy. Used an Upper Park and I hated that bag. The new version seems better but the back of mine would slouch over and I constantly had to pull it apart to get discs out. When I sent them emails with pics they just kept telling me to bend the metal support straight. Apparently no warranty on them. It was awesome trying to straighten it out every three holes. Had a few other bags but nothing was quite right. Always wished it had an extra water bottle holder or a scorecard pocket ect. The Ranger has everything I need and like. Discs are a bit tight to get in and out especially the putter pocket but that's my only complaint.

So I guess my question is should I use the Ranger till it falls apart or just pull the trigger on the lb because it's the best bag ever made and I'll be extremely happy once I get it? Can't wait for some more reviews once some of you get your bags.

Latest posts