• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

He's my thoughts on the Octothorpe.

The bag has a presence to it. Maybe its the color scheme of the blue on blue but your eyes are just drawn to it. May more than other bags (we know which ones) The base is slightly wider on the base than the top, which makes it look less boxy. The stitching is solid. I cant say its better or worst than other bags (even none disc golf bags) but if it holds it all together it'll be fine. The material is solid also. As someone who is a bag conquistador (sports, outdoor, camera, shooting, ext) I have ALOT of bags from a lot of great companies, I feel the material is right for this type bag. Its not stiff, its not to flimsy. I feel confident I could walk in brush, and wooded areas without it tearing a hole. The waterproof YKK zippers I feel are huge. As someone who uses a work bag everyday 16 hours, the first thing to go is the zippers than the stitching. These zippers are sweet. They are tougher to open (a good thing) than cheaper bags. but that's by design. They feel solid and are a pleasure to use.

The straps are beefy. They almost seem a little to beefy compared to the rest of the bag. I cant say either way if this is good or bad. The bag either rides slightly high or slightly low (for me). Doesn't feel real balanced, without using the center strap. Not a deal breaker for me, I actually always prefer a single strap or just carry it by the top handle. Which leads me to the top handle. Its better than I thought. As someone who carries their bags by the top handle most of the time, the handle is nice. Doubled layered fabric, stitched nicely. Would be nice to have a rubble cylinder type handle, but really a non issue.

The main compartment fits as described, with plenty of room to remove your discs. The top (putter) pouch I use as with my 2 main putters and 2 main mids. All deep enough so they don't fall out and are very easy to access. For transport I can take those 4 discs and put them in the side pocket which is PLENTY deep and more than enough room to accommodate those 4 discs.

The rain cover was a surprise. I didn't even know it was coming with the bag. It fits snugly with a little excess room. Two flaps allow for access to top and main compartments. Easy to put on by stitched in elastic around the rain cover. Have yet to see how effective it is in the elements.

OVERALL- 9/10

You can always improve on a bag. Peoples needs and area on where they play leads to many people needing and wanting different features of a bag. I feel this bag is going to last me many years. I very excited to be one of the first to have this. The straps, are my only concern. I couldn't get a real comfortable fit using both straps. But again, I do prefer single strap or top handle on all my bags. Hope this helps some people decide. I choose this over the Upper Parks Rebel, and I'm happy I did.

A2494C06-A1BB-40C4-B147-85610844DE06_zpsoxok7b7u.jpg

32FC3D30-EBC6-4360-B041-87851C3D9D3B_zpsrjjvtkjo.jpg

1E21B9D8-7B53-4DE9-82E7-296483457428_zpsvpdcnasp.jpg

23A8671B-C761-404A-86D6-F38E1A002A45_zpsgqxf8for.jpg

E087A022-2DD6-424A-B8C2-63447360A77C_zpsfaiyfzkg.jpg

EC151DA8-6CB0-4F4B-A30D-46095FDBF9EB_zpsdvibppcw.jpg

122486B9-9317-4328-9DDA-5BD3CEA1EC8D_zps0h8x7so9.jpg

45BFA8AE-5BE7-49D2-AF53-A010C462F925_zpsszyvtkuj.jpg

880EB66C-CA7F-4F90-8612-098500A66D98_zpsksf0yltu.jpg

858D2D4A-666D-49DC-B541-FE7F7372D00F_zpsrbgnlqll.jpg

Great review Tsarbomba!

After 5 rounds with my Octothorpe, my only gripe right now is the padding on the back. It sits flush so air ventilation is almost non-existent, granted, it's very comfortable, but in the CA heat, that makes it very uncomfortable. Another concern is that the bag sags and in the courses I play, the dirt is dry, hard and rocky, so we'll see how it holds up to it. A plus though, the discs in the main compartment on the sides are very easy to take out and put back in, that was one of the big issues I had with my DD Ranger.

I know, I'm being picky, but that's what I have found so far that I liked and didn't like. Fitting for me has not been a problem though. As far as quality, this bag will last a long time.

Ice9- thanks for the response and size reference, much appreciated.
Tsar- thanks for the writeup and all the good closeup shots. that blue is SHARP!

Anybody tried the "what fits?" test in the bladder and other side compartments? I most likely would never use the bladder spot for its intended purpose and am curious to other potential uses.

I think adding a plastic panel to the bottom would be a must if I get this bag. Should be a pretty easy and simple project to get some rigidity in the bottom. I don't care for saggy bottoms either

I've been thinking about the saggy bottom problem. I think it's the hard plastic panel in the bottom that causes the holes in the corners and rub points. If the bag is actually allowed to move freely I don't think you will see the kind of ware you see on the Rangers for example. Only time will tell, but I've been thinking about that a lot of the past few days.

I've been thinking about the saggy bottom problem. I think it's the hard plastic panel in the bottom that causes the holes in the corners and rub points. If the bag is actually allowed to move freely I don't think you will see the kind of ware you see on the Rangers for example. Only time will tell, but I've been thinking about that a lot of the past few days.

You've got it. And Mystery Ranch has said exactly that about the Mahal's soft bottom before.

Facebook says that they probably won't be available again until August. :( oh well. I think it'll be worth the wait.

I would guess that having something on the outside bottom might create less wear.

The one thing I do like about Grip bags are the rails, so far it has kept the bottom of my C14 nice and clean and wear free over the past year.

This bag does look very nice, I hope they come out with a smaller version, I'd be into that

That's what I've concluded too, so we'll see how it goes. Warranty is top notch so no worries there.

It appears from his Facebook post that full production is scheduled to release at the end of August.

Anybody tried the "what fits?" test in the bladder and other side compartments? I most likely would never use the bladder spot for its intended purpose and am curious to other potential uses.

how much room is in the bladder area?
thanks guys

Does anyone know if there are going to be any bag changes based on the field testing?

The only thing I've heard so far is snaps for the rainfly at the top of the bag. I think the hang loop/handle may slightly prevent full coverage from the fly so the snaps will secure it at the top.

I just do not want to purchase this bag and then there be a major change or upgrade like Levi did with the mahal

Mmmmm, comfy...and Badger45 hooked it up with some sick PIF ziper pulls so stylish as well. But yeah, so far so good. I've got at least 30 rounds in with mine and no issues. I guess I did have one tactical error that is really my fault not the bags. I used my own hydration bladder instead of purchasing form the website. Not a big deal, fits great, works well. But mine doesn't have a lock on the mouth valve. Put the bag in my trunk the other day with the back straps down and the pressure pushed the water through the tube and actualy squeezed the mouth valve open. Leaked about a liter of water in my trunk. Lesson learned, until I get a better mouth valve or different hose altogether, I just have to make sure a set it upright or face down.

Latest posts