• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I used an Octo in one of those for a five day romp through Wisconsin last May. The cart was nice. The fit was OK, but severely limited the usefulness of the side pockets, volume wise. I still managed a raincoat and 6 beers, so good enough.

Would it stop me from getting one of these carts to use with my Octo again? Nope. I plan to pick on of these carts up again soon.

Whats the difference between the Sexto and Octo, I can't tell on the site. Being a Packers fan, I'd jump all over that green and yellow Octo! But I'm function over form all day, so if the Sexto is better thats the one.

After ~12 years of playing, I need to graduate from my innova bag. Got back into disc golf pretty hard 2 years ago, and have a collection of ~100 discs. I'm looking for something that can hold like 40 discs! 5 putters a midrange or 2 and 30 ****in drivers! I'm a one solution for all problems kinda dude.

So from what I could find it sounds like the DD backpack cart and a Sexto/Octo is the ultimate option. Then I could backpack it if the terrain or trunk space calls for it, or cart it if I have the room. Here is my current setup, and it sounds like 95% of all products out there won't even hold more than I have going on. 24 discs, a huge Bose speaker, 3 beers(24ozers each if needed) and a pocket for ****.
tYu9oy9.jpg

Christ I've dragged this thing over 10+ miles of disc golf courses trying to "force" myself into picking something new...shes holding strong!

Has anyone stuffed a Pound bag as full as they can just to see?

(DEAR LORD THE SIZE OF THAT PICTURE....in process of trying to reduce it)

for that many discs, you want an Octohaul, the bigger version.

Sexton's bag is just a branded Octothorpe. Functionally no different.

for that many discs, you want an Octohaul, the bigger version.

Sexton's bag is just a branded Octothorpe. Functionally no different.

You mention at the top of this page that you tired it in WI with the DD cart, was that the Haul or one of the others? If not do you think it would still fit in the cart?

I carry 22 discs in my standard Octo using just the main compartment and putter pocket without issue, that amount fits perfectly. At times I'll stick 2-4 extra discs in the larger side pocket on the very outside of the bag. I generally keep that pocket open and use it primarily for extra discs since it's sized perfectly for them. You can easily fit 5-6 drivers in there. So I'd say a standard Octo would carry your 24 no problem, along with all your other items.

Every time I see new posts in this thread, I come over hoping to see some news about a mini-thorpe. I can't get that bag soon enough. A super comfortable, well built, smaller backpack that's an upgrade to my mojo is my dream. The Octo just seems way too big for my needs.

You and me both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I see new posts in this thread, I come over hoping to see some news about a mini-thorpe. I can't get that bag soon enough. A super comfortable, well built, smaller backpack that's an upgrade to my mojo is my dream. The Octo just seems way too big for my needs.

When I had Levi fix my bag, I mentioned that people were really wanting a smaller version of the Octothorpe. He says the design is in the works and that it should be coming later this year. Levi (and his wife) really wants a smaller bag (Levi was rocking the new Kryptek Typhon octohaul) so it really seemed like a priority for him. He also mentioned that the new changes to the bag were to stream line the manufacturing so they could have the bags in stock more frequently. There have definitely been growing pains, but for those of us with the bag, we are more than willing to work through them with Levi since it (and the warranty) is bombproof.

When I had Levi fix my bag, I mentioned that people were really wanting a smaller version of the Octothorpe. He says the design is in the works and that it should be coming later this year. Levi (and his wife) really wants a smaller bag (Levi was rocking the new Kryptek Typhon octohaul) so it really seemed like a priority for him. He also mentioned that the new changes to the bag were to stream line the manufacturing so they could have the bags in stock more frequently. There have definitely been growing pains, but for those of us with the bag, we are more than willing to work through them with Levi since it (and the warranty) is bombproof.

I will patiently continue to carry my mojo until then. I've only heard good things about Levi and his work, which makes me super excited to see what he comes up with.

My new whip. The Octothorpe fits great within the Zuca backpack cart. You will want fenders so that you can use the larger compartment but no issues getting it in or out of cart. And zero interference from seat to the putters in putter pouch.

I have 14 drivers + 5 midrange in the main compartment. 4 putters in putter pocket. 2 putters in putter sleeve on pole. 2 more drivers in side pocket. Total of 16 drivers, 5 midrange and 6 putters. That's impressive storage.

6662ab90a1459acb3a7e779b9e04cce8.jpg

Last edited:
All these pics with the Octothorpe in the zuca is great to see.
I had taken some measurements when the bag carts first came out, and didn't think it would fit very well, so I kind of wrote them off as not going to work.
There are a few around my neighborhood now so I may have to give it a closer look

That pocket insert might be just what I need, thanks for the tip! The first time I saw those I thought it was just for the Octohaul...product is clearly called the Octothorpe Insert, tho.

So, bad news on the Octothorpe pocket insert. It's not big enough to hold 3 putters. I can easily hold 3 putters in that side pocket, so I just assumed that the pocket insert would also be large enough to hold at least that much. I can fit 1 putter in the pocket insert but that's stretching the sides outward. 2 might be possible, but it would take a lot of effort to get discs in/out (which is exactly what I thought the insert would help me avoid). 3 putters would rip the insert.

In the good news department: got my Octo rain fly yesterday, and it is awesome. Access to almost all of the pockets is solid: main front, top quiver, tall storage on both sides, and all 3 mini pockets. Access flaps self-close quickly with magnets. The only improvement I could imagine would be side flaps to access the lower pockets. However, you can get to those pockets by reaching between the back panel and the rain fly.