• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] New batch of Avenger SS seem o/s?

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Has anyone found any new 2014 Avenger SS's to be more overstable than expected. I have a new Z 171 & 174 that seem way overstable. A friend also picked up a Z-171 & a 172 Surge SS the same day. He has never thrown either mold previously and told me the Surge went straight for him and the Avenger was way o/s.

Any similar findings?

The only freak Avenger SS that I have is in FLX ESP. I bought it because the plastic was super gummy and almost translucent. It's reminiscent of Prodigy first run plastics. It's not as understable as my Z Avenger SS's are. It's also very flat.

picked up a new 170 Ti Avenger SS in light pink. Not at all o/s like my recent Z ss's. took my new Z ss out & put in the new Ti ss.

I picked up a 2014 Flx Avenger SS recently and it flies understable as expected. I had a 2013 Z Avenger SS that flew a bit more toward the stable side, but neither has been close to what I'd call overstable.

Note: unless you have some inside information from the retailer and distributor, you don't know how old the disc is (unless it's a new release like X Avenger SS).

stable avenger ss

I normally have a couple and love the s flight. Picked up 1 in z plastic towards the end of last year and its like a force...or crush

Latest posts