• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

I was planning on checking that one out this morning, it's really close to me.

I added it to the database and a map, pictures, and all.

I saw that, thanks! It's really awful, it makes me so disappointed when people think they can just throw baskets out and have a disc golf course. Crossing fairways, blind shots around corners into oncoming pedestrian traffic and throws directly over other park uses just aren't acceptable in my opinion, not to mention the stupid walk out to hole 6 which doesn't have a real line to the basket, then the same stupid walk back. I played the "designed" layout once, then tried out some safari options that made for much more interesting shots and eliminated some of the safety concerns.

Silicon Valley Disc Golf Club has a meeting with the San Jose park and rec department to put in a new 18 hole course in Kelley Park. :clap:

http://www.svdgc.org/flyers/11062013 flyer.pdf

We have set up temp baskets and played there before. If anyone is in San Jose on Nov. 6th come support us at that meeting :thmbup:

Good luck with this one! An 18-holer right in the city would be an excellent addition to Bay Area dg. Are you envisioning a Ryan Ranch type or trying to use as much of the creek's trees as possible?

Karl

On a funny side note I did birdie hole 6. Nice skip. Yeah the course is a one time play. Sucks that it wasn't better designed.

I saw that, thanks! It's really awful, it makes me so disappointed when people think they can just throw baskets out and have a disc golf course. Crossing fairways, blind shots around corners into oncoming pedestrian traffic and throws directly over other park uses just aren't acceptable in my opinion, not to mention the stupid walk out to hole 6 which doesn't have a real line to the basket, then the same stupid walk back. I played the "designed" layout once, then tried out some safari options that made for much more interesting shots and eliminated some of the safety concerns.

I found some safari options that will make it a viable practice area for me since it's less than 5 minutes from my house, but it is a shame. I saw a few families out wandering around trying to figure out the course, and two of them gave up and just played catch and one stood around one basket taking turns throwing at it. I think the lack of any kind of signage is going to hurt it's appeal as a beginner course.

Good luck with this one! An 18-holer right in the city would be an excellent addition to Bay Area dg. Are you envisioning a Ryan Ranch type or trying to use as much of the creek's trees as possible?

Karl

I am not sure how the course will be. I will post on here when I know more. I just found out about it at a league event. There are some good course designers in the area so I am sure it will be fun if we get it.

Also, new Walnut Creek course went in this weekend! 9 holes. This is the quote from their Facebook page, "Tee signs going up tomorrow. Baskets going in on Monday. Walden Park open with disc golf on Tuesday!"

I am not sure how the course will be. I will post on here when I know more. I just found out about it at a league event. There are some good course designers in the area so I am sure it will be fun if we get it.

Also, new Walnut Creek course went in this weekend! 9 holes. This is the quote from their Facebook page, "Tee signs going up tomorrow. Baskets going in on Monday. Walden Park open with disc golf on Tuesday!"

:thmbup: I'm gonna have to make another Bay Area trip soon.:D

Where is this Walden Park in Walnut Creek? Is it another name, I can't find a Walden Park. I'll be in Concord Wednesday and might want to play this. Thanks.

5 baskets are in at Walden park and the rest hopefully tomorrow.

Ventura River Mouth course (or whatever we're going to end up calling it. Hobo Estates?)

Right now we're waiting on the city to decide if this is a project they will consider taking on or if it will be solely Ventura Disc Golf. If they take it in there will be a lot less permitting work for us. We still need to raise money for baskets, tee pads, etc.

3 new courses added in the last two weeks. Updates from anyone?

Jimbo and I played Walnut Creek on Friday. It was quick, some nice lines, and great powder coated orange DGA baskets. It's will be a good addition to the area that is a DG desert.

New Course Propose in the Bay Area in the East Bay

Oyster Bay Land Use Plan Amendment

A Draft Land Use Plan and CEQA Environmental Document have been issued for public review and comment, and may be downloaded below. The plan will guide the future development of Oyster Bay, including new automobile access and parking, further development of the trail system and new activity areas, including a Bicycle Skills Park, Disc Golf Course and Off-leash Dog Area, and a revegetation plan for the park. A public meeting to review and discuss the plan will be held on Thursday, November 14, 7-9 p.m. at the Garfield Elementary School, 10350 Aurora Drive, San Leandro. Comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. on November 15, 2013. Please see the Public Notice, below.

http://www.ebparks.org/Assets/_Nav_Categories/Park_Planning/Oyster+Bay/2013-10-14+Oyster+Bay+NOI.pdf

Jimbo and I played Walnut Creek on Friday. It was quick, some nice lines, and great powder coated orange DGA baskets. It's will be a good addition to the area that is a DG desert.

Nice little practice course for those in the middle of suburbia. Good use of the available land for sure.

Looking forward to seeing how the proposed Concord and/or Martinez course(s) turn out. Also can't wait for the new Santa Rosa course that's supposed to be opened next year. Anyone know how fundraising is going for that or if any additional help is needed? And no, I don't MyFace so I'm not in the loop...

Any news on the second 18 going in at Yucaipa. I think a good second 18 would make it one of the top courses in so cal...

Who's got updates about the course that is supposed to be put into Kenneth Hahn park near LA?

Latest posts