• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

McClatchy Park in Sacramento - open, best to play in the early morning / afternoon
Gibson Ranch regional park - any update on this course? I think I live close to Gibson Ranch.
Fiddyment park in Roseville - I know I live close to this one, what is the status?

Just trying to find a few new places to play and just looked at this thread. Any updates would be awesome.

I heard that there was a new disc golf course in Napa across town from Skyline. The guy I heard about it from mentioned Alston Park, but wasn't sure. Anyone heard of this or was my source mistaken?

McClatchy Park in Sacramento - open, best to play in the early morning / afternoon
Gibson Ranch regional park - any update on this course? I think I live close to Gibson Ranch.
Fiddyment park in Roseville - I know I live close to this one, what is the status?

Just trying to find a few new places to play and just looked at this thread. Any updates would be awesome.

Last I heard:
Gibson ranch was approved but has not been able to get the funding needed to put in a course.
Fiddyment park is on hold because of land right issues.

If anyone has additional info please let us know.

I've heard work is going slowly on Taylor Mountain in Santa Rosa, but the local club is hoping to have a temp layout in place for a tourney this month. Anyone have more details?

I have been seeing a new park to be opening in Cameron Park, CA. I have not been able to get information on when this will be happening, but that should be a nice addition to the area.

I have been seeing a new park to be opening in Cameron Park, CA. I have not been able to get information on when this will be happening, but that should be a nice addition to the area.

The proposal for this course was submitted for approval a couple days ago.
The course is going to be on 13 acres in gateway park. Probably going to be a 9 hole geared toward newer players. The land looks smaller than it is and the holes will need to be kept away from the fences of surrounding homes. With all that, space is limited.
Now, I did get wind that there is a chance for another course in Cameron park. There's a bunch of unused land over by the airport. It's either going to get bought out by developers, or turned into a premier course (fingers crossed). Right now there is some confusion on whether the land belongs to the state or pg&e. As soon as the land right issues are sorted we should have a better idea with what may happen. If it goes in, it'll be an awesome 18+ hole.

The proposal for this course was submitted for approval a couple days ago.
The course is going to be on 13 acres in gateway park. Probably going to be a 9 hole geared toward newer players. The land looks smaller than it is and the holes will need to be kept away from the fences of surrounding homes. With all that, space is limited.
Now, I did get wind that there is a chance for another course in Cameron park. There's a bunch of unused land over by the airport. It's either going to get bought out by developers, or turned into a premier course (fingers crossed). Right now there is some confusion on whether the land belongs to the state or pg&e. As soon as the land right issues are sorted we should have a better idea with what may happen. If it goes in, it'll be an awesome 18+ hole.

Keep us updated on this. I've got a bunch of family around Cameron Park, so I come through the area pretty regularly, and would love some new courses to play around there.

Keep us updated on this. I've got a bunch of family around Cameron Park, so I come through the area pretty regularly, and would love some new courses to play around there.

They are currently taking sponsorships for the holes on this new course. The layout looks pretty nice, 9 holes going in. I have family in the area as well and don't live too far from there. Not going to be my home course, but will give me an excuse to visit that area more frequently.

North Bay update: The course at Taylor Mtn in Santa Rosa is moving along slowly. Final county approval was granted a few months ago and a group of volunteers has been digging rocks to flatten/grade areas for tee-pads, mow the weeds, and whatnot. Looks like there is currently 1 tee-pad completed and most of the tee areas have been hand graded to level. FB page is listed in a previous post for updates...and I think all holes have been sponsored.

They are currently taking sponsorships for the holes on this new course. The layout looks pretty nice, 9 holes going in. I have family in the area as well and don't live too far from there. Not going to be my home course, but will give me an excuse to visit that area more frequently.

Yea, it won't even be close to my home course, but it would be nice to have some more variety in that area. That and I've just about worn out the un-played courses between here and there. It's making it hard for me to get my courses played numbers up.

Apparently there's going to be a Martinez City Council meeting on June 18th to propose a new disc golf course at Hidden Lakes Park in Martinez. Here's the info if anyone's interested in attending and showing support from the disc golf community.

Martinez City Council Meeting for a Martinez Disc Golf course
Wednesday, June 18th at 7:00 PM
525 Henrietta Street Martinez, CA 94553

I just got an email from Mt. Baldy announcing the opening of their 18 hole disc golf course! The map in the email look like it does not have 18 baskets and some are reused. Does anybody have more information about this????

picture.php

The only info I have is:

The course is at Mt. Baldy Ski Area
It's somewhere in the 'notch' area, accessible by a $25 round trip lift ticket on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Based on that map, I believe it's along the run they call 'Roller Coaster.'

I have tried communicating with them but the messaging back and forward is going pretty slowly.

That 'find out more' button looking thing is not a button and provided no more information.

Don't know if there are actual pins, tee pads, or a real map. I plan on checking it out on July 4th.

The only info I have is:

The course is at Mt. Baldy Ski Area
It's somewhere in the 'notch' area, accessible by a $25 round trip lift ticket on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Based on that map, I believe it's along the run they call 'Roller Coaster.'

I have tried communicating with them but the messaging back and forward is going pretty slowly.

That 'find out more' button looking thing is not a button and provided no more information.

Don't know if there are actual pins, tee pads, or a real map. I plan on checking it out on July 4th.

Thanks for that. I just googled it and it is roughly an hour and a half away from my house. Might give it a run one of these days. I'm assuming they are seasonal though.

^You are right about that, it IS a ski hill. You will probably want to get up there before October.

Latest posts